Monday, June 06, 2005

shopping!

Bleahh! I Woke up early today for an Editorial Photoshoot at Clementi. I was all dressed up in my little bro's white polo tee ( we had a strict dresscode to adhere to, and i've got no white or black polo tee of my own to boast of. Hee ) The editorial team met under Yunwei's block, and when everyone has arrived, We trudged our way into this little forest, with railway tracks and all! it's quite cool! I mean nature and all..except for the swamp of mosquitoes. The mosquitoes there kinda reminded me of the population in China.

We spent the entire evening looking for a good location to take our pictures, and finally decided on this not so cool place under a flyover.
Taking the pictures was like fun. If only there was someone documenting all our conversations and actions. You know, behind the scene footage... Like while we were killing time, we were pretty kept up with moving around, to escape the never ending mob of mosquitoes. From jogging and marching on the spot, to an attempt with taiji while the guys were scouting around for the perfect spot. Mich came up with the idea of lighting up her ciggies! Naturally, i stood next to her. Rather a passive smoker, than to suffer from all that itch!

After all, i've been a passive smoker since day 1 of my life. What's 3-4 hours of ciggie smoke, compared to the probing itch of the killer mosquitoes? YEah. She lighted about 8 sticks within 1 hour. That's like how scary the mosquitoes were, and it worked.

You know, when i mentioned it to beanie, he said that in truth the ciggies weren't of much help, as mosquitoes ain't scared of ciggie smoke. BUt seriously... it was either a psychological thingie or the truth... there was alot lesser mosquitoes bugging me. Mich donated her ciggies to a good cause. Hiak Hiak!

The pictures turned out pretty good, Cool's the better word to describe. After all, there seem to be an even amount of us wearing white polo tee, and black polo tee! Coincidence isn't it? I had such a good time staring not smiling to the camera. It's probably the 2nd time i've been told not to smile into the camera.
First was for Sam's hair shoot, and second would be today. Hahah. Oh boy, i do look fierce, without smiling!

We all posed professionally for the camera, looking cool and poised. Yet after each posing we did for the camera, all of us would figet around like mad! Yep, like Mad people! The mosquitoes were in for a big treat of blood buffet today.

Immediately after the photoshoot, i made a huge effort of walking out of the forest really fast. I was never the nature loving girl... and i seriously doubt i'll ever learn to love nature in the future...
Though being pretty sure that i'll survive if i have to, but being hot, sweaty and muddy was something i never fancied, not to mention the ever irritating mosquitoes!

Admiring nature from afar or from pictures is something... conserving nature is yet another thing that im willing to campaign on...but living in the nature, like a cave man is something that i'll object to violently! argh!

I'm due for my driving lessons tomorrow, and im rather surprised that mommy told me to cancel it, coz she wanna go shopping at City Square tomorrow! It's unlike mommy to tell her kids to play truant. Oh well, im enjoying it actually!

Managed to cancel the lesson, despite it being less than 24 hours to the lesson. Whee!

Earlier in the day, before leaving home for edit's photography session, i was rather amused and exasperated with mommy's failing memory!
She insisted that i've kept my passport, while i insisted that she kept it with her. SO we kept going on and on about each other being sure about the safekeeping of my passport. Sobs! Her memory IS failing, coz the last time my passport was in use, was for the family to travel to Bangkok last june. I remembered my passport being "confiscated" by her when we purchased liquor at the DFS.

Yet dumb mommy insisted that passport ain't with her. Horrified (that we'll have to pay $100 for a replacement passport), and joyous (coz i'll get to change the horrendous passport picture, if i lose it), i decided to search mommy's drawer, instead of her insistent advise of me searching mine.

Being really sure of myself, i decided to bet with mommy. THat she'll pay for all my shopping tomorrow, if the passport is with her. Wha hahahah! Looks like she'll have a slimer waller tomorrow night, coz i found my passport sitting happily in a corner of her drawer, together with the bank books! Woo Hoo!

Mommy jokingly insisted that i've secretly snuck my passport into her drawer, so that she'll lose the bet. Bah! Sore loser! hahaha

Im like so excited about my shopping trip tomorrow! Yay! Free shopping with mommy!
Not like she wouldn't pay for my shopping to start with, but it'll probably mean that i can spend her money guilt free!

Coincidently, tomorrow's my BIG day!
Not BIG Day like im getting married, but more like BIG Day, like im getting my results in the evening.

Oh No! What if i fail them again? I wouldn't want to fail... I wanna Pass! I don't wanna be labelled as a Dunce..thought im never particularly good with studying and examinations..Boo!
Im afraid... I don't ever want 5:30pm to come. BOo!