Friday, November 10, 2006

poor pebby




It's me! i'm back!! I'm so done with exams! It's my official first day of bumming, and i haven't been doing anything at all. Felt alittle lost, and still... Lost.

I came home and had a shock!


My poor pebbles ( no he's not dead! and the red stuff isn't his gut, but a slice of fresh plum) , he got stuck between the edge of his cage, and the running wheel! He was wedged at the corner, upside down, and wet for god knows how long!
When i first saw him, my heart stopped for a moment and i screamed.
I thought he was dead... until he started kicking his legs mid air again. then i yanked the wheel to free my poor little pebby. He plopped down and lay still for a moment, before sitting up.

Coming home to a bleeding animal isn't fun alright! My pebby is now resting in the "ICU" tank, where i laid out napkins on the tank, to watch over him. The poor thing is recuperating well, but he has constant bad dreams from the ordeal, so he sleeps very little.

Being an animal nurse isn't fun. I was so afraid that Pebby would pass away in his sleep!
Luckily he's doing well, my little patient. His wound is rather deep, and ive applied antiseptic cream and aloe vera gel to speed up the recovery process.