Sunday, June 10, 2007

My yada-rings


I'm not exactly thrilled with life at the moment, and i am beginning to think that my bout of bad and down luck, isn't exactly over yet.


I dont quite know what possessed me to mob myself with so much work, but it is rather reassuring to know that despite being unhappy with what life has presented to me at the moment, at least i've got the moolah to SPEND, to cheer myself up a little, not forgetting the important people in my life, who tries really hard to cheer me up!

So far, i have bought quite abit of stuff post Bali:

1) A spanky new pair of white boots for work, since the old pair is breaking apart.

2) 3 Bras

3) 4 Undies

4) A new pair of Heels to saunter about

5) Quite abit of online shopping for face care and face paint and clothes of course!

Yes, life isn't as bad as what i make it out to be, especially after shopping. It's only a matter of perspectives, and like what i have always tell friends who are feeling down, it is only when things get tough, that you can build up on your inner resilience. So i guess, it is time that i work on my bit of "inner resilience". Especially when Quacks tries hard to cheer me up! (Ah lala, ah lala, you're so cool!)

It's kinda sad that tonight is his last day of bumming around, and he's going back to working working working again. But oh well, it's not like i have much time to bum around either...
At least we managed to enjoy Bali, and spend time together out of Singapore!

We caught the third installment of the Pirates of the Carribean, i would say that the movie isn't as bad as what some of my friends make it out to be. In fact, Quacks and i sort of enjoyed the little funny bits that is instilled in the show (personally i thought the Indian Pirate lord with the Shrilly voice is funny).
-
Reporting for work at St James last Thursday, i was rather amused to spot a TigerLive noticeboard placed right at the entrance of Dragonfly's entrance. From the corner of my eye, i spotted a familiar looking face at the corner of the noticeboard. I did a doubletake, when i realise that the girl was none other than erm.. myself in the Tiger Super cold's uniform! Hahahaha I was amused, and alittle speechless.

Judging by the hairstyle that i spotted in the picture, and the gloves that i had to wear, i reckon that it was taken at Club momo - Supercold's media launch in July. That was the only time i had to put on a glove with the uniform.

I heard that the picture's other twin is somewhere in Tuas - in the office of Asia Pacific Brewery. ( I am unable to ascertain if this little information is true, but based on what i have heard from the other Tiger girls.)
-
Some time ago, Zoe and i went for a job "casting" that was in truth, a gimmick to make girls take part in a racequeen competition, and were made to pose for pictures in racequeen outfits.
Zoe promptly informed just on Thursday night that that our pictures were posted on the website, for publicity, and i felt a little upset. These pictures weren't meant to be posted up without my consent! Now that the event is over, it is actually alittle dumb to kick up a ruckus about it. I consoled myself that, i look randomly decent, not half blinking of digging my nose or something!

So why am i not paid, when my pictures are blatantly used all over for publicity purposes?
I mean, Tiger actually paid me while i was working, and if pictures were taken in the process, there cannot really be much to complain about.

But the racequeen publicity is such a scam! It not only wasted precious time on my part, and the effort to make my way down for the casting, but in the end, it turned out to be a competition, instead of the promised job description! Worst of all, less than 40% of the girls featured on the website actually participated in the competition! that is Deception! *grrr*

well shame on you, to those who would think that i would die from depression! I'm stronger that that! Aha, i was merely trying to act cute in the picture.
These pictures were actually taken on the day i left for Bali!
It might take me sometime before i post another entry, because working is a terribly tiring activity. Whoever who said that the task and responsibilities of a show girl is bimbotic and easy money to earn, ought to rethink about his comments again.


It takes alot more, than just a bimbo, to survive in this business.