Sunday, January 27, 2008

Goodbye my Tiger Lily

It has been slightly over a month since Pebbles passed away, now its time to bade Tiger Lily goodbye as well. I would like to think that she passed away on Saturday, somewhere between the timeframe of 9pm-2am, because she was breathing when i left home for dinner, and rigor mortis has already kicked in when i woke up at 2am.

I do have to admit that i thought she was dead a few mornings ago, when i went about doing the usual breakfast routine for the mini zoo. She was looking really peaky, very weak, and barely the energy to find her way around. She lies around listlessly, with no interest for food and water, faints in her food bowl, and generally takes a long time to respond to me. I could see it coming, unlike pebbles - who was active, and expired the next day.

Looking back, i was really worried about Tiger Lily's well being without the presence and care of her brother. It has been a long grueling period for me, with every knowledge that i really wasn't a very good replacement "brother".
I could never replace the care that Pebbles did, but i know for sure that i did my best.
I spent more time and attention on her that pix!e actually became rather jealous.

Going way back to the time when i first adopted them, Tiger Lily used to be the runt of the litter, but she's got a really pretty fur marking. Pebbles pales in comparison, standing next to her. Though she looks nothing quite like a tiger, her distinct markings earned her the name Tiger Lily because they remind me so much of the stone Tiger's eye, while pebbles got his because he looks like the common garden pebble - pale, smooth and grey.

I really did put in some thoughts into naming my pets, its just that i never quite told anyone how i actually derive with the name Tiger Lily for such an unglam but pretty hamster. In a blink, it has been 2 years since i named them. I think i'll really miss the both of them, now that they are both gone, and it is going to take me a long while before i think about new additions.

I dread the day when i would have to wake up to pixie being gone.
But for now, good bye my Tiger Lily - my mini princess with that very dirty fur, i'll miss you.