Wednesday, December 17, 2008

twelve + one

The bestie's decided that i'll need feeding every now an then, so he's been dropping lots of treats at my office !
I thought i'll be sweet and write about these to show how appreciative I am!
Yay!
There's cakes from Glace...





and chocolates!





and Macaroons from Twelve + One

They look so pretty sitting in the box!
It took me quite a while before i finally started eating them in office!


Pretty macaroons that i like so much...

"Bring me there! Bring me there!" I said
So brunch on saturday it was!
Love the interior!
So pretty and pink!


Macaroons! Loads and loads of them sitting in the display shelf!
woots!

I ordered myself a cheddar chicken sandwich and Tiramisu! Yums!


and swished my breakfast down with a cuppa Earl grey...
hmmm life without a worry..
lazing and lounging as if i own the place...


a nice nature shot before the rain starts pouring! zzZZzz..

Apparently the name Twelve + one came with a story!
Bakers in the past would be prosecuted if they were ever found to short change their customers off their goods. As a safety precaution, bakers would usually pack thirteen buns or cupcakes or whatever into a package, instead of a dozen, and it's also known as the baker's dozen.

The number thirteen is also known to be associated with bad luck, and therefore the name twelve + one was derived!
Ta Dah!
Learnt something new today, didnt you?