Tuesday, August 21, 2012

purples and barbie pinks!

I've been feeling sickish the past few days.
Been busy combatting the flu.
I'm not sure if it's because of the seven month (lunar calendar / hungry ghost festival) and all the excessive paper burning and ashes and what not, but I fell sick on day #1, and this batch of flu is always triggered by sneezes.
It feels as if my windpipes nearer to the nose is extremely sensitive and raw.

Bright lights? *tears and sneeze*
Aircon? *sneeze*
warm temperature? *nose drips*


The flu is going random at the moment, and the feverish bits come and goes as well.
I'd like to call it my sabbatical sick leave - seeing that I only fall sick like once a year or something? Hahahahha

Enough of my boring shit whine.
Let's move back to aesthetics...

I'm falling back to my purple mode clumped with my faze for neon pink.. as you probably can tell...

Hahahahha.
It seems highly possible that I went on a color rampant shopping trip, but sorry to disappoint that most of my coordinates were already pre existing items in my wardrobe.
I did not buy everything new just to satisfy my new found walking grape craze..
*pleased*


Another one of myself in my purple and barbie pink coordinates.
Not forgetting the new barbie pink phone cover I've gotten myself, and the bag!
ahahahhaha!


Ok these are new...
If Barbie ever decides to be a doctor, this is probably how her work bag would look like!
Hehhehheh

and I bought these iphone covers at a steal!
$5 for the kitty, $2 for the remaining plain ones.
and I brought Claud along to buy hers the next day, just because I'm really not sure which colors would she really fancy
(the shop was selling tons of covers in various rainbows...so I could only shortlist what she might like...but better to make her select what she really wanted right?!)



The mommy saw my covers stacked on my table top, and asked me how many iphones do I think I have!
Okay she always ask the same question, but change the topic involved.

When I purchase a whole new pile of undies, and start sorting the new pile by color in my drawer... she'll ask me in an exasperated tone
"just how many backsides do you think you have?"

Same for swimsuit...
and clothes
and shoes..

To be fair, she probably also did ask the sister the same set of questions. :)
#firstworldproblems

Since I'm not keen on taking a picture of my very very very extensive and colorful collection of undies... fuelled by my personal backside ambition...
I shall share my recently packed accessories drawer, just because its very neat again!

Meet my legendary accessory Tower.
Bought from ikea,
Self assembled in 2 hours (which probably explains for the gaps)
and home to 80% of my accessories!


Sorted in order of color, with the first tier being the most frequented color, and black being the most boring..
What you see is just the surface and the tip of the iceberg, the bottom contains stuff that I rarely wear out - eg dinner/dress up worthy pieces.


Tier #1 everything girly, pretty and sweetie pie- the pastel pinks, creams, golds, bronze and pearls.

Tier #2 - the Reds, purples, fancy colors, bright pinks. This is where all the crazy colors resides. like my neon feathers packed up in the left top corner :)
This is probably the messiest drawer because of all the clashing colors!



Tier #3- the silver and navy hues.
They probably look alot better in real format, since silver rarely looks nice in pictures?
These are yet another set of staples, only that I haven't been wearing much cool colors lately
But they'll swing around again, in time to come.

Tier #4 - the monotones.
Black - personally, black was my least favourite color for the entire 2011.. and even if I do, i usually try to liven up the process by mixing stripes with dots... just so that I wouldn't look too dead or morticia adams.


I still get excited whenever I mix prints in monotones. :)
Dug this picture somewhere circa 2010.
Did this make up after watching the movie,  Alice in wonderland.
Figured I wanted to try out the "red queen" heart shaped lipstick!
It was too bad that my lipstick wasn't red enough to capture the heart-paint.
It's probably more Geisha, than Red queen.
Gahhhh.. Nevermind.

Lastly! Pictures of my new arm swag!
Everytime my beads snap (the rubberband holding them), I'll go back to the shop to get them repaired. and while waiting, my roving eyes will fall in love with a new set of stones!

Fluorite/fluolite - it seriously sounds like an ingredient read off my toothpaste, but I'm happy with these set of pastel rainbows. :)
A good touch to blend my purple and pink as an in between.
Maybe someday I'll have a stone cupboard for my tiny collection!
The white bow is also a new addition... breaking in 2 new arm swag is like a really happy arm party!



ok enough for one post.
I just found pictures of my china trip.
Perhaps it's worthy for a post another day.