Saturday, December 14, 2013

November kitties

Going on to november's trip to china, I would say that November is by far the most exciting trip ever!

Why? 
You'll have to read on then...

Here we go, heading to the airport..
With natural sunset as photo filter. 
Woo~

This Bally advert caught my eye. 
The husky is soooo tiny! 

Travelled with the pops this trip, and this is what greeted us, when we landed. 
Check out his luggage. 
Hahaha



Luckily my big and baby purple luggage is safe as houses. 
Only dad's perished. 
Was supposed to claim insurance, but I became too busy to remember. 
Never mind la. I didn't claim for my injured baby luggage either from the road  accident the previous time. 
Torn and injured adds character to my luggage also ma. 
I guarantee that if I were to put gold bars or diamonds in this bag, it wouldn't be stolen. 
Hahaha!


We came home, and was greeted by everybardy! 
So welcomed and loved!

This is Toots, the princess and spoilt brat of the house.

She only loves me whenever I have food with me.

This is Oranje (daddy lovingly refers to her as meimei).
She's heavily pregnant, and the reason why it's the most exciting trip for me EVER!
Pardon her for looking grumpy. 
She's usually uber friendly with me, but being close to delivery, she is often moody and grumpy.
I would be grumpier, if I were in her shoes..so many babies in the tummy. 
Life sucks..

Toots looking fatty and living the high life as usual! 
Did I ever mention that she cleans herself whenever she's free. 
She's damn vain.

Catherine brought me out to a cafe restaurant on 11.11.13 
11.11 is apparently the Single's day celebration in China.

For me, special day or not, I'm just happy to not be eating Chinese food.
Pork chop with pasta! 
Ima happy girl!

And while Catherine ordered chinese food. 
Congee and her forever greens. 
Every meal of hers has to be accompanied by at least one platter of vegetable.

East vs West.
That's so us. 
But our friendship is special this way. 
I'll talk my gibberish Chinese, and she still manages to understand me, though I must say that my Chinese has since improved leaps and bounds by now. 

Even the momma and Claudia is impressed with adjectives that I punctuate in my daily conversations with them. 

My Chinese teacher would be weeping tears of joy if she hears me conversing now. 
But my written Chinese is entirely terrible still.
---
I was anticipating Oranje's delivery every freaking night, and I slept at 4-5 am consequetively, because she kept showing signs of possible delivery. 
Extremely sleep deprived! 

I gave up on the fourth night of waiting up and went to bed. 
I woke up at 7.21am to empty my bladder, and she kept meowing to me. 
I thought she needed comfort and attention, so I sat on the tiny stool with my eyes semi closed, and patted her for what seemed like 5 minutes, before heading back to bed. 

I heard her meow constantly, and wondered... Is she in labour?
But after so many nights of fake labour I'm exhausted. 
So I laid in bed and listened. 
She managed to wake the dad up, 
I heard daddy talking to her and then dad said aloud to me,
妹妹要生了!
Omg papaya! 
I jumped out of bed in my PJs, called Catherine and she rushed over in her PJs as well (she lives in the same estate, just a block away).

In a matter of minutes, oranje gave birth just like that! 
Nov 12 2013
Works out to be 11.12.13
Sure knows how to choose dates to give birth!

I took this picture when the baby landed. Welcome to earth little kittylet!

Oranje chose the laundry area to give birth to her second baby and I'm not very brave when it comes to this, so Catherine was the midwife.. She cut their cords for them. 
I didn't even dare to hold them initially. 
So she held them and I took their pictures.



Aww look at how sweet they are, snuggling together!

Oranje gave birth to 4 babies this time, and I laid them out according to their birth order. 
Left to right, Tiger, Bambi, Whiskey and Simba (lion/baby unique)

This would be their mugshot!
Also in birth order..
Tiger

Bambi
Whiskey

Simba!

My favoritest baby would be Bambi. 
Why?
I have no clue. 
I just love her, the moment I set my eyes on her.

I named her Bambi and my dad calls her 啊花 (flowery one) 
Wooooooouuuu T.T
She's got the most orbiang name of her litter. 
Bambi Lee ah hua. 
Whyyyyyyy!
Look at how tiny she is. Palm sized.

Possibly the only outfit of the day this entire trip taken in the office.
But I dress pretty everyday alright, pictures or not.

We have another pregnant cat in the house, and she's Grey!
She's due to give birth 20 days after Oranje.

Her maternal instincts kicked in, and she decided to take care of the kitties too!
Look!


The 2 mamas coexist and took care of the babies together. 
So sweet right?

Toots, the carefree fatty winking. 
That's like her throne. 
She doesn't give a damn about anything most of the time.

Here, we have Hachiko! He's my original favorite, because he's very polite and loyal. 
Whenever I call him, he'll always appear at my foot without hesitation. 
He can compete with Trixie for quickest response time. 
I took this picture with him on a Sunday evening. 
Camp in Pajamas day.
Who cares if I look like shit. 
Off day means no need to dress up. 
#woes of a fashion designer

This would be the greedy cats waiting for daddy to feed them their daily treats.
The ladies had first dips to the food. 
Unique (being the baby) would also get first dips with the treats.

I discovered Unique, sleeping on the floor like this, one of those nights. 
So cute!

Stress got the better of me, and I grew this uber huge pimple on the left cheek by the nose. 
My face looks extremely dirty! :(
It's like an insect took a shit on my face, and I forgot to clean it away.
:(((((((
---
After all the kitty birth excitement, it was all down to work again. 

Was in the midst of compiling my mix and match coordinates catalog for my spring collection.
From casual pictures taken in a corner of our showroom....

Catherine decided that we should just up the project by a few notches, and We moved on to our neighbors' studio next door to get the pictures taken, since they had a free slot available.
Ahh better lightings, so much more professional!

My staff jokingly call these 2 shots the "boss" shots. 
It's the outfits that makes a person I tell you.

My favouritest dress of my collection from the garden soirée series.

That's about all the preview that I'm willing to showcase.
Since spring isn't here yet. 
I'll update my last trip for 2013 soon. 
Gonna drown my system with lots of  water and hope the sore throat and fever would go away.

My body's got this thing for falling sick whenever I'm on idle mode.
And the weather transit between winter to summer isn't very helpful.
:(

Well sick or not, still got to work in the evening. 
I will survive.