Thursday, July 24, 2014

conversations with mommy

Strolling at the supermarket with the mommy after dinner, she randomly mentioned: 

Mom: your brother's scheduled for wisdom tooth operation on the 18th august.

Daph: okay, should get some mashy food ready for him... 
... Mashed potatoes, porridge, milk shake, ice cream, yakult... Instant soup..all gonna be life savers!

Mom: porridge can already. 

She pauses for a second or two, before saying
Mom: I think I should take 2 days leave to take care of him. 

I turned over and gave mom my biggest unfair facial expression topped with a big frown and pout and exclaims "not fairrrrrrrr!" , just to tease the mother on the special preferential treatment that her "baby" is going to get, whilst kids like me goes unloved. 
Lol.

Mom: When you went for operation, the maid cooked for you what. 
She replied nonchalently.

Daph: nope, by then we were maid-less... 
continues to maintain my most poor thing face, very much like a sad unloved puppy

Pause a little more to think.... And mommy replied

Mom: eh hello, I wasn't working at all, back when you went for the wisdom tooth operation.
What unfair are you talking about huh? I took care of you throughout the entire 8 days of downtime!!!!! 

Well she's got a point there... 
*laughs and resumes making my rendition of poor thing face, because I decided that it was fun to guilt trip the mother a little more....  

Daph: still not fairrrrrr!
It's not the same. This one is time off, specially for the brother, mine's like on the way. 
Quantity vs quality not the same huh. 

Hahaha. 

Continues to make sad pouty face for the next few minutes just for laughs.

#whatdidyoujustread?
#thingsIsaytomymom