Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmassy Silent night..

Christmas is over!
I am semi glad actually.

It's not that I dislike christmas or anything, but because I preferr a simple christmas affair.


Because I wanted christmas to be quiet and simple, we bought log cake, honey baked ham with apple sauce orcranberry sauce, and he made my favourite Leonard brewed chicken soup!

Council matters took up most of my time, and 
Wham! 
It's Christmas week!
Panicking - I was like "oh my gawd, oh my gawd" i' haven't gotten anyone anything!
Ha ha. I ran around frantically like a mad woman, picking pressies for mommy, bro, sis and dad, Leonard and folks and friends.

Shopping for presents became a one day event, and it went pretty smoothly until I got to daddy's pressie!
It's so difficult to present shop him, that i reckon it would be easier to step into the kitchen to whip up a sumptous meal.
(i'm speaking from a kitchen retard's point of view)

I was desperate. a list of stuff flew across my head.. Handkerchief, personalised lighter, wallet, shirt, socks, bag blah blah..
Daddy is rather fussy. He never wear shirts without pocket - to put his ciggies and pen in there... and mommy wouldnt allow me to get any ciggies related items like ash tray, lighter.

Eventually, being super desperate and all, I finally settled for a nice leather wallet set, that comes with a matching leather swiss arm knife. Cool huh?
While Da and I decided to get mommy a nice white top, and the both of us just chose what we wanted and we just paid for it.

Leonard and I decided against a gift exchange, but I saw stuff that he would like, a tee shirt, and a door stopper with a dog sitting on it, nothing much, just got them because the tee is nice, and the stopper is cute.

Guess what?
I ended up getting a Guess watch that I fancied!
I feel bad, with him being broke and all, he shouldn't have gotten me the watch. 
I'm happy, but guilty at the same time. 
Dilema!

I received a cat charms bracelet from his mom! 

Absolutely loving the meows!

Michelle got me a book, titled " why man can only do one thing at a time, and women never stop talking." Ha ha. So sweet about her.

I love the Christmas season, but this particular one so happens to be a really busy one, which killed joy alittle.

Council meeting on 23rd dec,
I had to print Orientation banner on the 24th dec,
and today, I went to check on the embroidery for the council tee in the afternnon.
I am such a slave to the council. =(

I wonder if it's just me, or does everyone agree that Christmas isn't like Christmas anymore. The seasonal festive mood is lacking.
Holidays just don't feel the same anymore. =(

In lieu of the festive season, I drew a christmas tree on my hand with henna dye. Mommy says my hands just look dirty from afar.
Hmpf.
I am also itching to stick a pair of reindeer antlers on pix!e, like the hamsters in the scrooge movie.
So cute!
But if i really do it, pix!e will end up being really pissy with me. Ha haha.
Family Dinner tonight consist of cold crab and the usual christmassy food like ham, roast chicken, salad ...
I am so stuffed that I believe I am going into a food coma soon.

Merry Christmas!