Sunday, January 16, 2005

What a day!

It started out as a perfectly normal saturday.. 
Falling asleep at 7in the morning.


No, im not crazy, but merely refreshed from my shower and a sudden inspiration to tidy the house, specially since the brother would be having a party later in the afternoon.



Started with my room first.
It's like a pig sty, with loads of clothes clean and dirty strewn all over the room. 
The soiled clothings are like carpet for my room, while the clean ones pile up in heaps like a castle.



Bags came next. they are like everywhere! Storage is such a problem for my bags! 
There's so many bags, and so little space! 
Boo.
I took advise from Leonard's friend, this girl who had like 300 bags. 
She said she stored her little bags in the larger ones, and so on so forth, utilising the space properly.


I tried, and the cupboard looks alot neater, without all the bags sticking out all over the shop.
Did some arithmatics. My current bag count is at 43! 
A measely amount, compared to the 300 bags friend. 
Damn!



I got rid of my mess of dirty clothes, piling them into the laundry basket, then hung up all the remaining ones that weren't worn, tidied my very messy accessories box, sort out my earrings, rings, watch hair clips blahblahblah.... then decided.. it's time for bed.

Exhausted i was, but i soon woke up at abt 1.30 to change, and get out of the house. 


Bro's friends were due at 2pm for the party, and sis invited her friends over for multiple rounds of majong.


I like the house quiet and serene.
Hate the sound of ma jong, when I am asleep. 
It makes me grumpy, so I left home, went out to Suntec, had lunch at Bugis, hung out over at the C.A.N Cafe.



The drinks there is costly, for a very run down cafe 7 bucks for a jar of tea!
( guess you guys might have realised that i'm not exactly crazy about cramply furnished places with furnitures that look like they've seen better days). 


We ordered escagots, and it wasn't fresh. 
Tasted yucky -  but no choice, left it to rot. Such waste! 
*phoey*
It's a pretty cool place to be in, aside for their price.



We went over to some Bar/Pub located opposite the Raffles hotel to watch Football. Man United vs Liverpool. It wasn't a very exciting match, coz i thought Liverpool wasn't performing very impressively, and Man united was like..boring! no more Beckham to watch! boo...But still i support Liverpool, coz my baby does! haha


It's funni to see how he and Winston squabble good naturedly about their preference over the football clubs.
Funny!



After soccer, Winston, Heidi, Leonard and I headed over to East Coast to rollerblade as planned! 
It's a cool and windy night, great for blading. 
I finally got to wear my new reversible surf shorts out for blading! Heidi said it matches my blades very well.. 
*grins*



After the "stroll" along East Coast Park, we headed over the Geylang for a round of very late dinner. Frog Leg porridge! 
*slurp*
It's yummy and spicy, but Leonard didn't fancy eating the toads, so he decided to starve himself, despite us telling him to either try some, or order something to fill his poor empty tummy.



The night ended with.... Leonard breaking a bad piece of news to me...... I bladed onto cat poo! Argh! 
My poor nike blades! Stinky and yucky, and they kinda dirtied the car boot too! 


I recalled smelling this stench of very funky smell after supper. 
He had to clean up my blades, his car boot, and whatever mess there was.

I feel so guilty, though i didn't realise that i stepped on Poo!! boo!


Received invitation to attend sale preview of BCBG, Island Shop, FCUK, blah blah
So whoever's interested.. let me know la.. we can go along together, and im entitled to an additional 10% off all items cept for the 90% discount ones... la la la...
( i guess i get over guilt pretty easily.. *oops*)



Well, while I was blading, i was pondering about Love, unrequited love, and eventually searching for the one. Imagine how bad it feels, to love a person, only to know that the person doesn't feel quite the same as you do.


It hurts like hell to keep emotions to yourself, afraid of rejection, being mocked at, or just simply the uncertainty ahead of the friendship.



But it sure happens in life. Many a times, I find myself acting silly in front of the one I loved*, getting sawdust in my mouth, when i'm supposed to be talking, or getting giggly silly for absolutely no reason. It's stupid, it makes u blind, yet there's nothing u can do to avoid it.



I tell you, When love hits you, you either welcome it with open arms, or risk having a shattered heart.


There is no definition or guide book to tell you how to deflect it, or to tell you who's your perfect match, and where to go, in search of it. In reality, there would never be a perfect match made for you.



It's totally up to you to accept a person for who they are, and to be able to look pass the surface, dwelling deeper down into the simplicities of life, just thinking about how happy you are, sitting next to the person, without having to speak a single word, enjoying just the company of the special one's presence.



As far as i'm concerned, i'm totally happy with my life for now, having found someone whom i'm happy with. Yet, it was never that easy to locate the right one. It took me quite sometime to understand some concept.



1) Even if i've met the right person to settle down, if i'm not satisfied with the way your life is, i'll never have a fairy tale ending.



2) Timing plays a crucial role too. If you've met the right one too early, you'll probably end up being unready to settle down, therefore screwing up fairy tale plan.



3) To meet the right one, yet denying the fact that you've met the right one, that would be like a direct ticket to misery, saying good bye to fairy tale endings.



Someone once told me that you'll only have 3 chances to meet the right one. Fate was such that you'll meet somehow, somewhere. But it's totally up to you to grab the chance. Once you lose the opportunity, it'll be gone forever, there's no such thing as turning back. -- you'll live a life of regrets, blaming everyone but yourself.

Yet someone else also said that it's up to you to create the opportunity, and everyone is the master of their own destiny. You choose your own Path, you choose the road. -- You gotta consider every path really carefully, coz once you've decided on it, there's no turning back. Even if you do, things would never quite be the same.



Don't quite know which saying is more logical, but i'll like to think about the lessons behind them..that it is, there's no room for regrets.

Ha ha.. all this sprouting is getting alittle too philosopical.


But all im saying to my dear friends (the 2 of u.. not telling who.. ) Sometimes you'll be too blind to see beyond the way things are for now.

Sometimes life might not always be a bed of roses. What seem so perfect for you now, will not seem so perfect in future. It's like a dress. It may be fantastic, when u first bought it. But over the years, the dress would not fit you as well as it used to anymore, or be in fashion anymore.



*If all else fails, and u didn't manage to get the dress, cheer up and be strong. It probably means that you're meant to get another dress which would suit you better, only that i know how disappointing it'll be for you, if you don't get it now....



well i wish everyone would just stop being blind, and just be happy. I do admit that i'm still pretty blind at times, but hey! im learning, cut me some slack!