Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Palpitating Daphne

Whenever my heart launches into its palpitation state, it makes me sick.
It's like my heart is on Techno beats mode, and often feels like its on the verge of popping out of my mouth.
Nauseous to the max + see star type of faint.



I don't even know what causes it, but it always starts with no warning. 
Usually begins with a skip of a heart beat, then my heart would race! 




It kinda stop plaguing me for over a year already, and just suddenly, the Palpitations returned. 


I missed out on all the fun that my fellow edits peep were having at Gallery Hotel! boo!!



On Leonard's suggestion that I take slow deep breathes, to calm the body.
I tried. Didnt work at all.


Leonard felt for my pulse on my wrist, and he asked if I was shaking my leg! 
My palpitations were that bad.



Scary and unbelievable isn't it? I saw a doctor about it before, they took some ECG test, blood test regarding this problem, but they found no problem with me. The only thing they would recommend to me, is to consume this medication that would slow your heart rate. ( i supposed it's for people who are heart attack prone, or already suffering from an attack?)

Obviously, i didn't take the medication la, coz it doesn't happen to me everyday..




The last time it happened was during Design school days. 
 When I raced up a flight of stairs ( late for classes) when in mid jump, the palpitation problem started. 


So sickening!
Unlike the usual 1-2 hours of palpitation.
The recurrence lasted for about 12 hours.
I thought I was going to die!