Thursday, February 10, 2005

Hair shoot + Chinese New Year.

Well, the fact that i haven't been blogging much, probably means that life is boring, or exhausting. 


I will go with a mixture of both.




Monday morning: Went over to Far East for a last minute hair touch up before rushing over to Pacific Plaza for a photoshoot with Sam.

The shots turn out alright i supposed, though im not allowed to smile in any of the pictures at all! So it looked as if I was in a really grumpy mood, and that i was gonna kill the photographer. 
( What to do, Daphne has a very fierce and dao face ma, so don't mess around with her! )



Everytime the photographer told me to pose, Sam (the hairdresser) would run to me, arrange my hair nicely, apply lots of hairspray, and take an awfully long time to arrange my hair.
Frozen in awkward position for too long, I was close to tears.


Fours later, from hair touch up + trims + photoshoot.
I exhaused from too much hair and posing, I was darn glad to receive a call from Daddy!



He called just when we were browsing the pictures, and offered to pick me up, so that we could go laptop shopping!
Yay! 
Say good bye to the ugly IBM Thinkpad. 


Unfortunately, his "coming to pick me up soon" was nowhere near soon, as he still had some unfinished business over at Trademart.  
I ended up strolling in FarEast, and bought myself a cute little flouncy blue floral skirt. 


We walked around Sim Lim Square for over an hour, and I finally decided on the BenQ.



THe options I was given was:
1. Daddy's recommendation - his very own fujitsu life book, which he bought last year, 


2. This Twin Head laptop that he's eyeing on, 


3. An Asus white notebook which i thought it kinda resembled the Imac's notebook. I even had the perfect mouse to match the ASUS. Only problem is, i didn't know if ASUS is good anot. But apparently, they are quite well known in the industry for manufacturing motherboards. Still, i dunno ASUS. 


4.BenQ.



I know it's really random. 
Of all the brands available in the market, I had to lay eyes on the ASUS and BenQ. It's quite WTF.
Even daddy gave me a o.O stare.

*looks sheepish*


You know the theory : When guys purchase something, especially if it's Tech savvy stuff, the most impt thing on their mind would be how powerful the item is, in terms of performance, and functions and everything. 

Well, I'll say this on behalf of the girls.

Purchases are usually dependent on how attractive the item is, the packaging and how it appeals to them visually, rather than it's actual performance.

So I settled on the Benq because it's purple, has a glittery inner finishing on the keyboard area, and it's compact and light!
The CD drive is detachable.
It serves all the purposes I've laid out for a laptop!
Good for school what!



Ok, Watever.

Tue- Chilled out with Nerd Nerd at WestCoast Mac in the afternoon, before heading back home for reunion dinner. 



Dinner was GREAT! It's steamboat as usual, but the steamboat at home is da best! 
Our family's version consist of some chinese herb soup base, and daddy will pour lots of alcohol in it. He calls it "jiu wo"(alcohol nest)






Went over to Leonard's house to watch the show QUILL ( compliments from mommy's recent Hongkong trip)  I cried like mad, coz Quill the golden retriever died at the ending of the story. 

Wed - Woken up by mommy at 10:30am to prepare for visiting. 

Woke up and dressed up, went over to Uncle's house (mom's side), collected Ang Pows, took pictures, poked my nose around, ate some vegetarian food (Yucks!) 


Then went on over to visit my Granny at the Nursing Home. 
The nursing home is such a depressing place to be in. 
I am forever dreading the feeling of entering that place.... 
I dread looking at the state my Granny is in.
I love her, and that's not how I want to remember her in.


I always insisted that whether I'm there or not, it wouldn't make a difference.
Well I cried buckets on the first day of new year.
Well done.


Made our way to my paternal second uncle's house to visit grandpa. 


I spent the entire afternoon there, watching movies 
I was pretty intrigued by the show "100%feelings" or something like tt. 
I think the guy Jerry is ogle worthy cute. 
Ha ha ha! By the time i'm done with the show, 


It was nearly 8 when I reached home.
Went hunting around the house for my missing necklace... (it's still missing) 

the entire clump of pendants I received for my 21st birthday - Yeah I wore like 5 of them in one chain. :(

Left home to Pai Nian at Leonard's house... Ate dinner there ( abalone porridge - yummy!), but his dad forced me to eat vegetables. 

Yucks! Horrible vege. 
Had a little vegetable fight with Leonard, and i retaliated by passing back to him! 


Ha ha.. it's those "cho cai" and ginger (smelly vege that you use to garnish your food) Bad combination! 


His Dad Says: " It's first day of new year, and the 2 of you are already having food fights...aiyo... like kids like that. " Hee hee...fun ma!

Watched more shows on Tv ...and went home.

Predicted that Mambo would be over crowded, soooooo I went home to watch more TV.

I realise that it's during CNY that's like my peak TV Watching session. 

I get addicted to it rather easily.



Bad Idea.


Next day, usually consist of visiting distant relatives... it's gonna be a painful experience, but for the sake of the Ang pows...i'll be brave! 


*smiles brightly*

Alright.. i need to sleep. Gotta prepare for tomorrow. Yawns!
Happy Chinese New Year to All!!!! 



Here's to looking young and good forever! 
Cheers!