Friday, February 25, 2005

warbled perception..

Happy Birthday to me... Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me, me.. happy birthday to me! Well what difference does it make, whether i celebrate the birthday or not?
Growing up sounds screwed! Since when was being older a good sign?
Never!
I wish i'll never grow a single bit older.. just like PeterPan! The younger you are, the less expectations and obligations you'll be tied to.

Take a baby for instance, no one expects a one day old baby to do anything, except to drink milk when he's fed, and to grow up soon.... He can cry when he fancies, and smile and laugh if he fancies (doubt a day old baby knows how to laugh), no one seriously bear a grudge against him for being unruly....and irritating

By the time when they're a year old, these babies are expected to like know how to walk, crawl and say stupid words like mum mum, mama, dada..

In preschool, be as naughty as possible, and in primary school to have good grades, for your folks to boast about, with pride.
Next would be the working hard to strive for a good secondary school, followed by good tertiary education blah blah blah...the expectations grows heavier as u get older...

At 22, i really don't know what's in store for me..
For a self proclaimed optimist, i'm really very pessimistic over the outlook of my "maturing" or ageing..whatever u call it.

It's a bad year to start with, with all the gloomy and depressing news. Now that my granny's passing away coincides with my birthday, i can't quite celebrate my birthday with a big bang and all, coz im still supposed to be mourning! But mommy says it's fine to celebrate with my friends, so long as it's not at home.. (ooh dont i just love mommy?)

Yeah i had a taste of precelebration on Wednesday at zouk, had talks and plans what to do for Friday. Chris & GF offered to have a quiet dinner with Leonard and i, either out in town or somewhere, or over at his place for a BBQ! Mad leh..so onz about celebrating for me! heeheehee

Yeah, zouk was exhausting,i couldnt wake up for my morning lessons! Ha haha... Went for driving in the afternoon, didn't think i improved much, but i've been trying to disipline myself, by going for driving lessons more frequently. But i think BBDC's management is pretty screwed up. They don't know what they're doing anymore. Confusing people, attempting to be confuscious! Full of crap and new reshufflings and many crappy nadas!

Yeah, finally met up with Selene today, took my prezzie from her, and we went to the UK Funfair at Woodlands. We try to make it a point to meet up for Funfairs rides annually.
We had lots of fun, and screamed quite alot when we were up on this ride called the Gforce.
It was horribly fun! Laughed and screamed nonstop, til my throat grew hoarse.

We turned green after the ride, and the rest of the rides didn't seem quite as interesting as the Gforce. So we randomly selected this other ride called the Airforce, and sat in it. It wasn't as thrilling, but nevertheless, still pretty fun. Screamed alittle here and there..spent like over $20 just at the fair!

After hanging out at the fair for what seemed like more than an hour, we finally left the park. Picture this: 2 dishevelled looking girls with greenish/greyish face working their way towards the causeway point for a drink! Though we looked green, we were still pretty hyped up with all that thrilled alright!
It's quite a funny sight!

Chilled out over at MOS burger, to cool down, quench thirst, waiting for the queasy feeling to pass, and to wait for Leonard to come, before leaving.
Had Prata at Fongseng, after we left woodlands and i wolfed down 2 slices of cheese prata, and 3/4 a bowl of sup kambing and my cup of teh peng!
All that screaming gave me a huge appetite!!

Then came all the flooding of birthday wishes from my friends.. I'm so touched that they remembered! Of course Nerd Nerd was the first one to wish me Happy Birthday on the spot, and the advance wishes that i had earlier this week, Im Actually more like surprised that those friends whom i've not been in touched with remembered!! Ooh i received this cute e-card as well.. hahaha

Yeah i truly am glad that it's my birthday, but im definitely depressed over the gloom that im walking around with....it feels anticlimax ya know.... so much screaming on the eve of Bday, and depression on The actual day itself.

Don't quite know what to expect from myself, now that im a year older. Guess nothing would change drastically, just that there's nothing to look forward to this year, so im not that excited. With 22 years of celebration, nothing seems to baffle me much anymore. Doesn't feel quite special anymore either. U no longer feel like a kid, all excited over the fact that you're growing older... boo! i guess u'll call what im feeling now as mid life crisis?

Gonna sleep now. Got a long day ahead ... tomorrow might have a better outlook of life (meaning my usual sefl) Night people.