Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Vvroom!

Ooh...it's a new mid year resolution for me. I've decided to set myself a realistic target, that is to TRY to get my driving liscense by the end of this year. Which is quite a daunting task, considering that my expires on the 22 sept, and it's about the same for my BBDC membership.

I've been constantly going for driving lessons alot, starting with the 7 june at night, then followed by the 10 june, 13 june, 14 june(double lesson today), 15 june, 17june, then 1 july. Hmmm not much actually, but i've been driving consecutively for the past few days... and there's one more tomorrow. Was supposed to be driving on the 21 and the 22 of june, but it's been cancelled coz of the holiday that the family would be taking.

Til now, i've got no idea where i'll be heading to, when daddy comes back, but it's definitely some part of malaysia. Sounds elusive eh? Hahahha


These few days has definitely been busy for me. As for the details of my very full and packed schedule... i can't seem to remember what exactly i've been up to, except that i haven't been getting much sleep. Not enough to be considered fully rested.

But at least i managed to meet up with Selene thrice last week, and managed to squeeze in a shopping and catching up session with selene, dolly, and fangping. We haven't seen each other for a really long time. It's definitely been more than a year, because i do recall seeing dolly and fangping during Selene's 21st birthday in January last year. Woo! it's that long.

There's so much catching up to do, but so little time to spare. I had a dinner at with Beanie, while Dolly had to go off to visit her little nephew, and Fang ping had a dinner date with her Bf as well. Which technically speaking, left Selene alone and with nothing to do.

The perk of the week : I was hanging around town, and this lady came up to me, she identified herself, saying that she's from this charity organisation called AINS or something along there, and she was kinda begging me ( very pathetically, she's slouchy, and it's like she's got no energy left in her, and the effort that she's taking to persuade me to buy the ticket is killing her. I had this feeling that if i gave her the money, the first thing she'll do with it, would be to rush to macdonalds and get herself a cheese burget. Seems to me that she's either acting weak, to gain pity, or she really is desperate for the money to get food. Bascially, i had scammy vibes screaming from her)

i was actually considering if i should purchase this $2 ticket, to help the children in whatever society. Well being kind natured and all, i stopped, and listened, and was actually considering buying the ticket. I just couldn't resist asking nosy questions like : "for the $2 that im actually donating, would all of it go to the charity, or would $0.50 go to the charity, and you get $1.50 of it?" And many dumb related questions...

Just after my questions, this other lady identifying herself from the children's society barged into our conversation, and told me to buy the ticket from her instead, as the other lady is phony and blah blah blah. It's such a cat fight!

Things turned bad, and ironic. Picture this : 2 ladies who're supposed to be volunteers, helping the poor, turned out fighting in front of a potential donor for just 2 bucks! Unbelievable!
conclusion, im not gonna spend money on stuff like this in future, and you guys should take this as a warning as well. Stuff like this, including the NKF ones, are a huge scam.

NKF has like millions of reserve funds, and every year, they're constantly bugging us to donate. They have like alot more money than the 20 of us added together. Selene's granny called the NKF hotline, and it was definitely the $5 hotline. When her bill came, she got charged $10, coz the computer reflected that she's called twice. What's most unbelievable, would be the 2 calls are that she's charged, are being called out at the same time on her Mobile phone. Is that quite possible? After calling up Singtel to enquire, Singtel says that there's nothing wrong, and insist on billing her granny for 2 calls instead of 1.

See it's scammy. How can u be charged for 2 calls being made at the same time?
I'll rather write in a check yearly, donating the lump sum to whatever charity that i fancy. At least i'll be sure that the money wouldn't fall into the wrong hands, and i wouldn't be over charged. Charities nowadays are taking the opportunity to fleece people dry. Such irony, and it's disgusting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently suffering from this obstruction on the creative side of the brain, as i've got no inspiration on how i'm supposed to start on my "sell the council" Flyers.
It's like, i know im the one who suggested the idea during the meeting, and the only idiot that insist on doing it really...but i guess the main problem, would be that i wasn't receiving the support that i wished i'll get.

I mean, if people simply ain't interested in physically designing the flyers itself, the least they could do, is to tell me simply what kind of style and direction they want me to take on, what kind of objective, style, to sell the council. It's not like it's MY council, but if recruiting new people into the council is top piority, i don't see why i'm getting such a cold response. *rolls eyes*

It's like everything that i envision, seems to be falling apart. There seem to be more trouble and problems rippling on the surface, than i've actually anticipated. Argh! it's frustrating!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that i've rambled enough, i'll probably would also like to point out that the main reason why i haven't been blogging often, is because, the last time i added an entry in, there seem to be an error. Resulting in a loss of information. Yes all that blogging lost, in just a click, It's RIDICULOUS! Being pissed at the stupid wastful effort. I got alittle too carried away with my little boycotting, to realise that i'll either have to withdraw from blogging, or carry on blogging. I can't just leave it hanging.

So while im still deciding.. Ya guys can read on about my perky little life. About all the "GReat" things that happened to me, and all things bright and beautiful. Hee.

Generally, Life ain't as bad as what i've complaint. It's just an inborn reflex in me, to rattle about the shitty stuff that falls on me, and forget to gush about the pretty things that happens to me. Im thankless i guess??

Just in case you guys think im such a brat, i'll add beautiful and boring life scenes in just to please the crowd.

I had dinner at Spageddies on Saturday, went shopping in town recently, went to watch Mr and Mrs Smith on my 14th month anniversary with beanie on monday. And i'm very much addicted to the Channel 8's daily dose of 7pm show.
I had fun with the driving simulator today, and it was pretty much like an arcade game.

I love the huge zit that's sitting on my face, and it takes forever to go away, and lastly, im glad i passed!