Monday, September 19, 2005

mooncake anyone?

Mooncakes anyone?!
I think mooncakes are getting alittle too...overwhelming for me.
There's those normal ones from shangri la, snowkin with campedak filling ones from Goodwood hotel, and daddy bought this really elaborately packaged mooncakes from china..There's also the crystal jade ones, and the yummy frozen durian ones from dunno where. Also not forgetting the Tiramisu ones from Baby's mom.... Argh!

My sweet tooth's turning against me!!!!
To think that i was still considering getting the Bakerzin ones! I seriously doubt it man.

then because it's mommy's birthday, we've got apple strudel at home...and there's also those dragon's beard candy which was given to her from some company ( they replaced mooncakes with the dragon candy. Good choice! )...which is yummy!
Well well well....


Friday's dinner at Marche was good! We had lots of fun taking pictures, and i must have taken at least a hundred pictures, with at least 7 cameras! You could imagine all the noise we were making.
I guess it's politically right to say that we were a public nuisance, but who cares? As long as we enjoyed ourselves!
Adrian and Fiona took part in this grape stomping competition, and we won!!! It's gross, looking at those grapes being squashed by adrian's feet. yucks!
It was to promote Marche's wine fest!! The stomping act won them a glass of red wine each. Haha. I had my favourite pork knuckle as usual, and chicken breast. Luckily for my digestive system, i shared the pork knuckles with Daniel, and the waffles with daniel and gary.

We had strawberry cheesecake, to celebrate council member's birthdays. It's ok, but i realised that i seem to have lost taste for cheesecakes recently. So i didn't quite finish up mine. We stayed on to play games, and forfeit was to take a bite of mashed cheesecake mixed with lots of salt and pepper and whatever u had there. I was one of the lucky ones who had a go at the cheesecake... and it's salty!

Adrian, fiona, agacia and the rest left for Zouk, while the the remaining half (including myself) went on to Maestro Bistro at Cineleisure to chill on. It wasn't a very good experience over at the Maestro. Service was horrible, but we had a good time chatting and swapping gossips anyway.
---------------------------------------------------

Saturday, I devoured alittle of the apple strudel, before going over to Beanie's friend's house warming, and went to Goodwood Hotel to collect the mooncakes for Beanie's folks, and Grandpa, and our own. 3 boxes! But it's heavy alright! I had a hard time struggling around with 3 boxes of mooncakes.

first gotta drag it over to Clementi, pass it to beanie's folks, then travel home. My poor arms!
Mommy thought Beanie was fetching me, that's why she told me to collect them.
But truth is, he's working, so i have to take public transport la.

On my way home, curiosity got the better of me, so i decided to give the heavy mooncakes a prod! I was surprised that the skin's so so so soft!
So i prodded a few more times, before i was satisfied. =)
I ran home, and made mommy cut up one, just to try. (You know, since i wasted so much energy carrying around, the least that i could do, was to know how it taste like right?

We celebrated mommy's birthday, by having dinner..and we had steamboat! It's a simple place, with a ont so simple fanfare. There's geoduck, the elephant looking clam thingie, and there's live drunken prawns, fried chicken and the steamboat stuff la! It's good. yummy!

I went to meet baby for supper after he finished work. We had Ba Kut Teh! Yummy!!
I was exhausted by the time i reached home, so i changed, and fell into this superbly deep sleep. Haha!

---------------------------------------------------
Woke up, and had mommy's famous yummy prawn noodles. It's the only main dish that she's good at. FYI, my Mommy can't cook very well la.
Went to change the piggie's home, and shower the pig! Poor dirty girl had a bad bath time today.
But she emerged from the bathroom clean and fluffy!
We left for Grandpa's place soon after showering Pix!e, to deliver the mooncakes that i painstakingly brought home.

Had dinner at holland, and it's Har cheong kai, Black pepper crab, seafood soup, salted fish with bean sprouts, sambal kangkong, cereal fried prawns.
PRAWNS, is a constant diet in my family's meal. Coz i like it, and so does my brother. Sis is alittle picky though...she only FANCIES the FRESH ones. Haha...Yes so since i love the yolks in mooncakes, and i love prawns, that leaves me with very very high cholestrol. Yes i know that, so forget about reminding me about cholestrol level.

The only time i eat healthy, would be over at Beanie's house, where his mommy whips up delicous but healthy stuff for dinner. Sigh.
Better die young, and experience good food, than to die old, eating yucky mashy stuff that is classified as healthy!

That's my way of life!