Monday, February 20, 2006

yattle yattle!









Yes i know i've been gone for a really long time! Ha!
I'm alive, busy and very much alive and excited!!

So what have i been doing? Haha, I dont quite know where to start....
I've caught 6 fireworks in total! 5 in singapore, and 1 in malacca. Most fireworks viewing were planned by the boo, as for some, it was purely by chance that we passed by! I think the ones that were exhibited on the last day of CNY were the prettiest!
Mr Boo brought me to the spot where we could view it best! He's the sweetest, just to think of it!


We celebrated our 2nd year anniversary on the 13th, where we ate at this Korean place at the Heeren, then i went home and mugged for Managment Accounting test later in the night.

I sat for my test on the 14th morning, went home to pack my baggage, napped alittle, visited grandpa at the hospice for alittle while, then ate lunch, and left for malacca!
How exciting! A little roadtrip all by ourselves to celebrate our anniversary, and valentines day!
Whooppee!!


I enjoyed my little trip with boo alot, even though it was alittle short, and Malacca isn't the most exciting place on earth.
As expected, i wasn't very helpful with the road directions most of the time, and we ended up being rather lost while exploring the town area, but still managed to make our way to my apartment rather quickly.


We got lost again the second time, while exploring after dinner. We only managed to find our way back home after 2 hours!
We caught the fireworks, while we were playingthe game "master mind" in the room on the first night. It's a good view, coz the people over at Portugese settlement with the fireworks was just not too far away from the seaview from my place.


We hung out at Makohta Parade the next day and had Kenny Rogers for lunch. It's such a lip smacking experience! The chicken meat was so tender yet juicy that i couldn't have enough of it all, yet the ones available in Singapore is hopelessly tough, like you're chewing on wood. The boo did most of the shopping, and we headed home in the evening and took a nap, before waking up for dinner.


Alas! We were woken up by the pattering of the rain! As neither of us brought the umbrella along, we stayed home and settled for instant noodle that was meant to be supper! Luckily my sweetie had the foresight to bring along a few movies for entertainment, so we watched the Copse Bride by Tim Burton, while we ate dinner. It's entertaining, alittle morbid, but a nice ending nevertheless.







I superimposed us into the picture that we took for St pauls, coz it's impossible for the both of us to get pictures taken together, coz he's afraid that the locals would run away with my olympus. so silly but sweet, and i'll rather play safe too. Hee!






Our third day in Malacca, we did the tourist routine, and went exploring the St paul's church, the Stadturys, as well as to visit the 5 musuems around the red house area. Definitely enriching, historic and lots of stair climbing to do!

We walked alot, and got lost while hunting for the nonya restaurant that i recommended. Making the best out of the situation, we settled for some gui ling jelly in this herbal shop tt sells desserts, while i, chose the safe and friendly honey dew sago dessert!
Finally, we spotted the dinner place, when we were about to give up hunting.

So there we were, I guess the boy enjoyed the home made chendol best! Haha.

Being our last night in Malacca, we utilised our remaining time by exploring the town in the middle of the night, in search of any hopeful night life and supper place.
We chanced upon about 15-20 little motorbike coming together, about to start a race, just right in front of my place, i was rather amused to see that none were actually race bikes, but the typical ones with baskets attached in the front.

We drove around chinatown, in search of a particular chinese temple, and gave up trying after a few attempts.Ending my night with some duck noodles that's sold near my place, watching the Brothers grimm while enjoying our little supper.

Our last day there, we had lunch at this yummy shop that sells beef noodles, then went to explore the mini malaysia. It boast of having different architectural from the various malayan states, as well as ASEAN architecture. Definitely disappointing, as the place wasn't well maintained, and there wasn't much to seem as most of the houses was actually undergoing renovations. I felt so cheated, such a waste of time and money.

We reached Singapore in the evening on friday, and i'm never happier to see my beloved bed and pillows! But im sad that our little holiday had to end so quickly, coz coming back to Singapore, is like coming back to reality. It's such a dilema... the choice between the happy holiday and my beloved pillows! Sigh...
I hate to be reminded that i've got school tomorrow, and him having to work again.


I do hope that we'll be going on another trip soon.. it's just so addictive!

I woke up really late on saturday, to make up for all the lost sleep ( i've no idea why i was so tired, coz i clocked 10 hours a night while in malacca!), got dressed, snuck out for some icecream cakes at this place called the island ice-creamery at Serene Center! The cakes are just so pretty!!
I chose the muddy pie, and the Baked Alsaka to share with the boo, before rushing back home, to catch my ride for grampa's birthday dinner.


We had BBQ for dinner to celebrate grampa's and my birthday in advance. The prawns we had for for the night were HUGE! It's pointless for me to attempt to justify the size of the prawns coz you'll probably say that im exaggerating!
Hmpf! But i still want to!

The prawn was the size of the paper plate. Gawd, it's not some small paper plate, but the usual sized ones that most of us would use to hold our beehoon, curry and chickenwings. Yes, the prawn curled nicely onto that paperplate, and filled it up rather snugly. It's THAT HUGE!

After dinner, boo fetched me to Changi Aloha to attend Council's initiation chalet. Due to unforeseen circumstances, he had to wait at my home's lobby, until i got home, before sending me over to Changi. It was already 11 when i reached there. I felt really bad making him wait, coz he could have been doing better stuff, rather than fetching me to the other side of the island.


It's a long night for me at the chalet, as we had department sharing sessions then EXCO meetings, and everything only kinda ended at 6am for me.
Just when i am getting ready to play, the entire world is getting ready to leave! Everyone was everywhere picking up their bags, getting ready to catch the morning bus home. It was so disappointing, coz i was expecting them to be enthusiastic, despite the long day that they had.

We were much more enthusiastic last semester, where everyone chilled and talked by the pool side. We finished at least 5 bottles of Absolut Vodka last initiation day, yet, we barely finished one Bottle this time. How sad.

Playing the game of "i've never..." a handful of us finished the entire bottle of Absolut Apeach in 2 hours. When we left the Chalet at 8 in the morning, i can't quite decide if im looking and feeling shitty coz i'm tired, or was it the effects of the alcohol? Whatever it is, too tired to make any talks at all, i fell into a deep sleep while travelling home in the cab...

I woke up a few hours later, and i had my second advance birthday dinner with boo and his folks at Kallang's no signboard seafood restaurant.
We had the white pepper crab, steamed crab, brocolli with scallops, this cutesy stuffed tofu dish that i like, chilli kang kong, fried baby squids, and the yummy butter prawns!

Everything's so yummy that i kept eating non stop! I ended my dinner with Hashima for dessert, and the silly boy refused to try the Hashima, coz he's disgusted by it. Haha. Silly boy!

Whatever it is, i'll have to thank my silly boo, for everything that has happened for the past week, coz i don't think i'll really be writing this really long entry tonight without him.
And not forgetting all our little adventures together for the past 2 years...

Oh yes, ASOS is having sale! Da just tempted me into buying stuff online again!
Argh!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

psst! You're not stupid. I only said you're stupid, but I never thought that you're stupid, ok? =(