Sunday, March 19, 2006

Filial piety

I am taught never to compromise what i believe in, for others belief. It's a fine line between respect for others and trepassing my set of principles.

My mom also taught me never to judge a book by its cover, and never to critisise people without asking yourself if you're gulity.

I've never been a person who observes tradition. But i dare say that im not one who'll defy traditions either. I respect traditions of any culture and race.
But if i had to compromise one, between principles and tradition, i'll compromise the tradition.

Traditions is something that was created by my ancestors. It eventually watered down after many years.
Principles on the other hand, is something that i live by day to day. It's something that's brought me so far. It's my own set of principles that made me who i am today. It created Daphne.

As many would understand that my maternal grandad has just passed away, when mourning, there's this whole list of stuff that is a taboo.
there's simple stuff like you're not supposed to be wearing freaking pink, red or happy colors, or be wearing glittery stuff like accessories. Those, i can live by.

You're not supposed to be painting your face. You're not supposed to shave, you're not supposed to style your hair.
HA! THAT i cannot live by it. It's personal grooming you're talking about.
I wouldn't exactly say that im merticulous with my appearance, but neither would i look shabby and unkempt.

So you'll probably be wondering what's the entire issue about this, and being typically me, i hate walking around the bush. I prefer to jump right into it.

Mourning is not about how shabby you look, in order to show how filial you are.
Neither is the puffiness of your eyes look, that actually tell people that you have been crying.

You can look as shabby as you want, eyes as puffy as a pufferfish, but it doesnt mean that you're truly sad about the loss of a loved one.
Being filial is all about being there for the loved one, while he is still alive. Not looking sad, for damn relatives and friends to see after he's gone.. If i freaking believe in the later, i'll probably be a damn good actress.

The last thing i need is for some stupid uncle to tell me that i look like im going to the disco instead of a funeral.
Let's just clarify something here.

I'll definitely have alot more gook if im ever going clubbing. All i did was to apply blusher, eyeliner and a shade of pink that Zoe calls.."fang le deng yu may you fang" ( you might as not apply it, coz you can barely see it)
Is it such a crime to attempt not to look like a ghost at a funeral, lest people would be led to think that it's your funeral that they're attending instead?

Yah, probably it's the sunnies on my head, and the blue contact lens that made things look worst.
Then again, you didn't even attempted to see if there was any improvements before telling tales to my mommy.
If you have a problem, just tell me what to do, i happen to know how to exercise subtlety, but if it isn't enough, be a man. Instead of stabbing me in the back fight like any man would, instead of being a pussy..(even real pussies use claws to fight. they dont use knives.)
Using mommy to exert pressure on me doesn't quite seem to work recently. Coz i've got a mind of my own, a mouth of my own, and a temper of my own to rage.

And if you ask me, maybe he should check out the amount of gook that he's son applied onto his hair. A bird family of 5 could possibly start a nest home there.


If anyone's out to pinpoint me, they'll do so by all means.
Filial piety is within yourself, not your outlooks, neither is it a drama for all to see. If i wanted drama, i'll settle for chanel 55.
And if you wanna settle filial piety scores, i've got plenty to settle with the others. Dont try me.