Thursday, July 27, 2006

Uncompassionate Singaporeans

I so have to blog about this!
It was an really horrid experience!!


Question: What happens when your Mobile Phone battery dies on you, when you're all alone and you REALLY have to make an urgent phone call?

I dont know about you, but i decided to drop by Jelita, in search for a public phone. It seems like a logical thing to do.
Unfortunately, JELITA, doesn't happen to have any public phone in sight. I checked with the people at 7Eleven, the people at cold storage, and apparently there's none.

Next question tt i had in mind for the people after finding out that THERE WASN'T ANY PUBLIC PHONES, was to ask if i could use their phones - you know, im so sure 7Eleven and COLD STORAGE has their own "land lines" of their own. But no!
I was told that there wasn't any phones available for use at all, even if i told them that i needed to make an urgent call.

They (the front counter people with the DAMN phones) stared at me like i was some kind of Joke. No, im absolutely not joking about the lack of Compassion within people i call my FELLOW countrymates. Absolutely FUCKING SHIT.

I ended up having to Demonstrate to this random person who was staring at me in disbelieve at the counter who was paying for some stuff, that my phone didn't even have the reserve bit of battery left, before he finally DID believe that i needed a phone.

Mr Kind Hearted was using a hi-card with $16.20 left in it. I was touched that he did vaguely believe me. i made my call, and handed him a $0.20


Lesson learnt. IF your Phone BATTERY dies on you, take the lesson learnt.
Singaporeans are a bunch of HEARTLESS ASSHOLES!
And i definitely felt cheated la.

Just last Wednesday, i was hanging out at the bus stop waiting for Boo to come fetch me post Zouk.
This drunk guy came and sat really close to me... and initially shocked, he asked me if i could lend him my mobile phone. I eventually did, after figuring out that his phone wasn't working (never paid bills, i'd supposed).

Come on, think about it, i lent a drunk stranger my phone in the wee hours of the night, and no Fucking assholes is willing to lend me one in Broad Daylight?
It is absolutely Ridiculous! What afraid that i'll run away with your phones? I asked for a freaking Land line leh... im not that desperate to run away with a store phone with wires and cables and all Hello!

this is a VERY frustrating and DUMB incident. I am never EVER going to PATRONISE Jelita / COLD STORAGE/ 7 ELEVEN unnecessary ever again. All Groceries are strictly to be done at NTUC fairprice or giant or carrefour. COLD Storage and it's subsidiaries, it's KARMA back on you.

Then to think about it, if im caucasian, i might have been treated differently. So is this a case about me being CHINESE?

Yeah im irrational now. But where was the help, when i needed it?