Saturday, August 05, 2006

a cookie day











urgh!
I thought it'll be sweet and fun to bake cookies for the Boo as a cute surprise.
Went to Holland Village spent slightly under a hundred on pet supplies ( yes you'll never realise how expensive a little guinea pig would cost you, until you start raising a 5mths old pig. She's now slightly under 3 years old.).
I went to cold storage to get the necessary cookie ingredients then went home for dinner.

I started on the cookie after coming home from work. (It's 1 am in the morning BTW, when i started on mission cookie)
I got slightly distracted by the cockroach that scuttled across the kitchen.
Yikes! Sprayed it with lots of Shiedtox. Well Da did warn me that we're having some roach infestations of sorts before she left for malaysia. *sigh*

Washed my hands, got started with the cookie mission. Took out the ingredients and started measuring them...
Opps. How much is 3/4 cup of butter exactly?
I went online to search for some sort of conversion rate to enlighten me.
--
I'd say that cookie mission was doomed right at the start.

I spilled the brick of chocolate when i dumped it into the microwave to melt it.
Half of it went onto the table, while the remaining half went to the cookie.

Couldn't locate the baking powder, so i skipped it, after all since i'm using multi purpose flour, i thought to myself. (yeah i got confused with self raising flour, in case you're giving me the eyebrows)

I begin mixing my mixture up, the chocolate smelt good, and there i was, as the machine was churning, envisioning a really pretty chocolate and orange cookie, smiling to myself. Half orange, half chocolate, just like the ones that are sold in the supermarkets.

Sigh. The mixture turned up nothing near a cookie micture. It's more of a sludge.

Oh well, i thought to myself, it might turn out looking better, after baking it.
--


Met Boo for supper, and we had Dim Sum at Mong Kok. He sent me home, i showed him what my sludge of a cookie became...

"oops it looks like lagsane"
Yeah, the "cookie" joined together, looking more like a marbled brownie cake.
Used a spoon to scoop the "cookie" and it tasted absolutely like shit.

Boo asked " where's the orange?"

I sweared i added half an orange into the mixture. Pulp and juice, and alittle rind, after all, the recipe called for 1 tablespoon of Zest.

Boo explained to me that Orange Zest is a nicer name for the skin of Orange.
He also said that my next batch of cookie would definitely turn out better. =(

Ahhh im a pathetic cookie maker. There isnt going to be another next time!
I'm shattered! Boo!

Worst of all, i spent double the time washing and cleaning up the mess that i've created, than the time spent on making cookies. Bah!



Psst! I caught The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo drift.
It's good, the drifting, and i fancy th weird tokyo drift song that they played, when the drifting carpark is used. It's by the Teriyaki Boyz.
Haha! Definitely a must watch.

It's bed time.. ZzzzzzZZ..