Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Being busy..


I've been busy entertaining myself with silly stuff...

> 1. i've done up the christmas tree again.
when we bought the tree a few years back, i insisted on having purely gold and nothing else for the tree.
So we go, gold ball decors, gold lights, gold star and so on..

Now years later, pure gold doesnt seem to appeal to my yearly fancies anymore. So i've added... red into the picture, to spruce up the monotonous color scheme. =)

There's the red hearts, and the red butterflies, and red roses..

oh and there's also my favourite vintage angel! This vintage angel has been around ever since i could remember having a christmas tree at home, and it used to be my most favourite onarment for the old tree. Naturally the prettiest ornament gets to sit right on the top of the tree. Unfortunately, despite having a fondness for my pretty vintage ornament, it longer holds the centerstage of the tree, coz of it's age and size. The old tree used to be my height when i was 5. The new tree is standing at the a height that's taller than me! Well you get the picture, lest i bore you with boring debates and opinions about proportion..

>2. Cheapskate online spree!
Da and i have been oogling at cheap buys online, and so we're spree-ing alittle with yahoo taiwan site, the basic stuff starts at a price range of 100yuan onwards. i've managed to get 6items at 100yuan each. It works out to be 30SGD for everything!

Bought a few items in yahoo.sg as well, like a cheap brand new dress that's going for $5.50, a graffitti camisole at $15, as well as a korean drama show - original one at $20plus . I'm not telling what show it is, coz i intend to be selfish. When it comes to lending people my movie VCD/DVD, they never manage to come back, so too bad.

>3. Went to Daiso with Zoe and i bought a couple of stuff at 2 bucks each. Fake eye lash and christmas decorations are some of it.

Have been shopping around quite abit at Bugis, and nothing seems to catch my eye much. All the dresses either look like musty floral curtains from grandma's storeroom, or bits from animal's skin. Not that i hate animal prints or floral designs, but with every shop carrying multiple pieces of prints and dresses of the same design, it's certainly too much for me to bear.
The dresses are horrid, and i feel pregnanted wearing them, and worst of all, these yucky stuff are going at absurb prices! Argh, so frustrating!

Frustrated enough, i bought myself a mini sewing machine, only to have the sewing machine breakdown after 1 hour's worth of sewing. Yes, with the current collection hanging around the racks of retail stores, it's bad enough for me want to sew my own pieces.

i'll at least have a say in the cut, material and color of what i'll be wearing!
But like what i mentioned, the sewing machine broke down within an hour, so i completed nothing, and i refunded the item for money. I like industrial machines better! Big and tough, i so miss my TP days!

STOP! Enough of my cheapo shopping!
Now back to reality..
- i'm still in love with this moshi moshi ring that i laid my eyes on before exams. Only reason why i am not buying it, is because i've got too many rings, and i only fancy wearing rings on certain specific fingers, so i'm trying not to waste money!!

- psychedelic dress, it's really colorful and bright, and it cost like, $60 or $70. I'm contemplating buying it soon, especially if i emerge empty handed from the soon to apprach mango sale.
I've refrained myself from trying on the dress, or i'll lose all dignity of self control. Haha.

- The Lver cardigan that i've set my eyes on, i love asymetric stuff, and it's interesting. Since it's christmas season, i'm hanging around, waiting to see if there would be any christmas promotion going on.

What makes things worst would be the fact that my pay from Lucido.l is sitting happily in the bank! Nothing is stopping me from buying up everything that i fancy, except for the self restraint that i'm practising. Ah, i guess we will just have to wait and see how long, before i falter.