Monday, January 08, 2007

why i hate attending huge social gatherings.

The holidays is definitely ending, and i'd dare say that this is the slackest holiday ever!! Been eating, sleeping and stoning around, in short- digesting in bed. Hahaha. I know i haven't been attending much society activities organised by my friends, and here's some reasons why i didnt.

Nope, it's got nothing to do with any personal vendetta with the organiser (as much as certain gossipers would love and thrive in vedetta fodder), but rather, it has always been within my character, to not attend HUGE gatherings.
After all, Quantity is never Quality.

If you as a friend, truly want to catch up, by all means drop me an email or sms, and ask me out for a coffee or a meal, afterall, i am indeed a friend of quality in return. Not a social whore.

I do not attend social gatherings to be SEEN.
Afterall, if there is like 20 people meeting up together, what's the likelihood of all 20 people catching up and updating each other on what exactly is happening in their life, as compared to 3 good friends chatting over coffee ?

So it's a waste of my time.

Yeah, people would say it's a show of defiance, that i've got a huge attitude adjustment to deal with, but really, i'm comfortable enough with my current posse of quality friends, to bother about what the others would say.

On the contary to what most would say about me being anti-social, i'd rather say that i am being selective. Besides, big numbers are definitely only good for people with major insecurites, where the need to be seen in public with alot of people, somewhat like mafia gangs, where numbers makes up for courage - that's when they thrive.

The same for insecure beings, which would also account for the lack of a fashion opinion and courage in singapore, i digress.

Besides, i am never an actor/actress. Among that 20something turnout, nothing beats that biggest turn off, of having to listen to posers telling me how cool their life is, how many admirers she's currently chalking, how many stalkers buying her char siew baos and et cetera. It's disgusting!

Girl, if you are cool, people would acknowledge it, and tell you about your coolness factor. Not the other way round, where you sing your own praises and expect others to smile meekly and agree - they are afterall, being really polite about it.

I cannot bring myself to lie unnecessarily, lest i suffer the wrath of god for lying extravagantly... lie when you need to, not as a habit, so i do not smile and pretend to agree to you superficially just to be polite. If i ever do, i should be struck for that.

I'll be appalled, or probably be trying very hard to refrain from laughing. By doing that, it definitely would give me major internal injuries from not laughing or just plainly soaking up all that disgusting conversation.

Do humour me, by staying as far away from me as possible.
I'm like developing major allergies,for your lack of modesty.

Lastly, i have a low tolerance threshold for stupid and uncool people. One uncool moron, is enough to kill my mood.
There you go. quantity social gatherings only. Please limit yourselves to 10 pax max.
in fact with 10 pax, it's already against the human congregation law. yah, the jokes not funny, i know.....