Friday, January 12, 2007

Rainy day antics


Rainy Day Antics
Yikes, It's raining yet again.
Yes i'm skivving at home, instead of glitziing around having a whale of a time, because i dread stepping out of home, for the fear of being cold... Brr..

I do not know about you, but i dread wet and clammy toes, with the constant rain drops/pour that would either splotch on the outfit, or just simply leave me dripping wet, no matter how BIG your umbrella turns out to be, therefore i chose the loser's way of sitting around at home.

*pouts*


Not quite many saturdays ago...

Daphy wakes up to a gloomy rainy day, and trudges over to the kitchen, where momsy is...

"mommy, i think i'll really need to invest in some rain gear." declares Daphy

momsy goes "huh?"

Daphy : " you know, clothes and shoes that are waterproof, without you looking like a dork or psycho when you step out of the house, like rubber shoes, waterproof top and bottom, then i'll be a happy girl again!"

with that, Daphy stepped out of the kitchen and went back to her room, to stare at her dreary wardrobe. The wardrobe that has almost everything, but rain gear.

*Sigh*

with that,I went shopping, and i found the solution to my wet feet problem!
i bought myself a white rubber shoe, no not the phua chu kang/fish monger kind of rubber boots, but rather a rubber fashion shoe.( Come on, have alittle faith in me, i'm never a psychotic dresser!) It's a sharp pointed tip shoe for goodness sake!!

The shoe IS waterproof, which proofs to be excellent for all that rain hovering around, but i forgot about the clammy wet toes bit thought.

*
So here i am, sitting alone in front of my computer, waiting for dinner to come home (visualise a mommy and daddy carrying my food in a bag, and until i unwrap it, i'll have no idea what kind of grub will be filling up my sad and cold tummy).

Meanwhile, to entertain myself, i smeared sour cream on my face, in a feeble attempt to lighten freckles/age spot on my cheek (nevermind about looking dumb).

From the entire listed ingredients on the home made remedy website, Sour cream is the only ingredient available in the fridge, so sour cream it shall be!

It's entertaining to note that cucumbers, lemon, currants, sour milk and other funky herbs that are listed, CANNOT be found in the fridge, but that is just the way the fridge in my household works. We do not eat healthy.

Hahahaha, besides Sour cream isn't THAT bad. Plastering it on my face, is actually making me feel hungry.

Note to self: it's 8.07 and dinner is not home yet!
Peeps out of window, there is a massive jam that is about the distance of next 3 bustops. That's about as far as my eye could see!
My on going love hate relationship with my address - it's holding up my dinner. (mom should consider walking, while daddy jams away..)