Saturday, February 17, 2007

enthusiasm and following through

I'm feeling particularly pissed and upset at this moment.

I hate it when someone yanks something that i value about, into my weakness, without even bother about looking at MY perspective.

What seems so wrong to you, might not necessary mean it's bad for me.
Say my enthusiasm for example, yeah, i may be enthusiastic about endless possibilities and all, but IT is WRONG to say that it's a bad trait, when i do not follow through any projects or task that i started.

It takes a freaking rigid person to not be able to understand my perspective, because people who knows me better, would know that i'm exactly the sort who relishes the process of doing and starting a project more, than to look at the end product, and announced that i've completed my project/product.
Meaning that just by looking at the end product is not going to make me the happiest idiot around, rather its the process that i enjoyed better.

I'm not a conventional person who'll "enjoy fruits of labour".
For one, i am not a farmer.
Secondly, what's the point of toiling half your life away, just to eat the damn fruit up in less than 5 mins?
Fine! Given that the freaking tree produces like 50 or more fruits, and so you multiply each fruit by 5 mins, and you get like 250 mins of "enjoyment".

This is a load of horseshit! It's something that the ancestors cooked up to make sure you dont starve or something.

I on the other hand, would prefer looking at the entire thing in another point of view.
If i plant a tree and follow through, i'll know that i'll have a fruit tree.
If i plant a tree, and never follow through, what would i get?

Plenty or alternatives and surprises!
1. I'll be surprised, if the tree did pop up, since i didnt follow through
2. Might still be an empty patch of land
3. Weeds might pop out instead...and it'll be interesting to find out what freaking weed it'll be
4. Nothing might happen.

What's so wrong about not following through?
I went through the process, learnt something about it, and i dont have to look at the freaking tree to exclaim to the whole world that it is my tree!

Yet the next time i decided that i'll want to plant a tree again.. i might either consider the possibilities, find a smarter and quicker method to do it, and eventually - the only reason why i'll want to do it, would be to pass time!

SO WHAT IS SO BLOODY WRONG WITH NOT FOLLOWING THROUGH?

If it's important enough, like you've said about not being a trait that my boss would appreciate, when i start working... i'll have to follow the process through, because it's work. These bunch of people pay me, to finish it up. Work get it, not personal entertainment and enjoyment.

I could finish up the jeans that i dissected. But would i really wear it when i'm done making it into a skirt?? What am i going to do with it? I could too finish crocheting a sweater, but would i wear it too? But you know what, you're pointing at the fact that i can't be bothered with completing my driving. Short of a few lessons and to pass the advanced theory, i'm already so near to getting a license. I know. But i simply dont have the time to follow through.
If you freaking chauffer me to BBDC everyday. I'll find the time! Give me a car, i'll show you how to follow through


There's a plenty of stuff that i'll follow through, because i'm sure i'll use it.
If there's no purpose for it, why finish it? Or worst, pushing yourself to finish something mihgt not necessary be good either. IF you didnt put you heart into finish the job... it's considered slipshod. Then you'll be going on about yet another bad trait etc.

Yes, you may argue and say why start on it?
Well, at the end of the day, it's better than not starting it. At least i took some form of knowledge with me, while i was doing it. It's not the end product that matters mom, it's the process of it.
At least i could say i've tried. Just that i couldnt see the point of trying harder to finish it, for the sake of finishing it.

No one's perfect, but at least just respect it.
Not following through is not about being lazy, or the lack of determination. There's just so many more things to do, than to finish up a useless bit.
The only reason why we had that conversation, is because you love me. Yeah i know.
And the only reason why i'm blogging it, is because i feel so wronged.