Sunday, May 13, 2007

Shoo! exams!




Yay! Now that i am finally done with exams for this semester, all i have left to do, if to hop around and have fun, sleep in, and worry about my results.
Of course, there's also my Bali trip to anticipate, though the boo is rather worried that i would not be able to adapt to the conditions there. oops.

Anyways, just a quick run through of my days...

Wednesday was happy day for me!
The minute i left the exam hall, i was hyper! I was talking animatedly, sms-ing animatedly, and acting randomly happy.
Took me a really long while to settle down for my short nap.

I woke up to eat my dinner, talked animatedly to mommy, then dress up for ZOUK!
It has been a long while, since i last dressed up for anything fun! So i made sure i took loads of pictures to commemorate my happy day!

Zouk-ing was as usual, everyone reacted to my new permed hairdo, with the usual teasing, but i'll live with it. My usual plot of space was taken up, due to circumstances, so i headed over to join Jo, Jasmin and Nicole over at the speakers for the first time! Woah! It was definitely a deafening experience! haha!

Met up with many old friends that night. =D

Thursday
Woke up for job casting in the afternoon at BatesAsia, then rushed over to BRIX for a job assignment in the evening.

Hah, you must be thinking, "woah, just a day after your exams, and i am already working?!"
Yes, the only time i am not lazy, is when there's good money involved.
I can be hardworking, when i want to. *smirks*
*
Boo came to pick me up after work, and i went blading, while he jogged.

Upon reaching home, i made some crazy decision, and decided to stay awake!
Wanting to avoid the crazy "hello kitty" queues that is synonomously associated with the Immigrations Checkpoint Authority people (ICA), I made sure that i set foot into the building early to settle my passport and NRIC matters.

True enough, i made it there at 8.30-8.45 am! *beams!*
Having long forgotten the nightmares associated with public transport and peak hours, i was quickly reminded of how gross and sad life can be, when one is commuting around!

The process of waiting for my uber slow moving bus, and getting to my nearest train station (which is only 3 bus stops away) took me 30 minutes in total.
Yet the ultimate experience would be to fit and squish myself into the remaining 10 by 10 cm space in the crowded train, if i wanted to get to Lavender fast!

Yes, so i exhaled deeply, and made myself as small and flat as i could , and eased myself into my little plot of space, just before the damn doors closed.
So much for pride and composture.
*
True enough, i was the 25th person in queue, and the 2nd dumb ass of the morinng that had to go through the interview about why i lost my NRIC!

The dumbest thing that happened to me that morinng, would be the taking of my passport pictures!
A reminder to all : If you would really like to have pretty passport picture of yourself to be taken, do else where but ICA. The woman there on the 3rd or 4th level was definitely a pain in the ass.

I was promptly told that my fringe would have to go! Apparently there's some dumb regulations about how your eyebrows cannot be partially covered by your hair!
It was a "what the hell moment" for me, and i tried my best to keep my fringe up.
I Looked geeky for sure.

1) The dumb woman made me pose, then told me to adjust my fringe, and told me to adjust my chair forward.

2) I reposed, had to fix up my fringe, smiled again, and was told to shift my head to the left.

3) Once again, i posed, was reminded of my fringe covering my brows, and was told to tilt my head to the left.

4) posed. got reminded about flopping fringe, and was asked to raise my chin.

My patience was wearing thin, and I was ready to hammer the damn woman! Self help machines are definitely great!
It would at least give me the privacy and respect that i would have like to get!

I made sure i rewarded myself with a good breakfast after enduring the entire passport and NRIC application process, before going to bed.
So it was crystal jade congee and the shrimp rice rolls for me!
*
Woke up in the evening, to work at BRIX again. I was zoned out like a zombie, and felt shitty from the lack of sleep, and suddenly dolling up my face didnt seem as fun as it was to me on wednesday.

I trudged my way to work, and boo came to pick me up after work again!
I had a sumptous supper/dinner!
ice cream from that gelato place outside Lido, then minced meat noodle, with popiahs and stingray at Newton! Freaking hungry and i am sick again!

Well that was thursday and Friday for you!

Saturday
Rest day for me! I slept til 3pm, and went shopping with Boo!
Headed over to Queensway to get himself new spectacle frames and colored lens (so vain), then moved over to town for dinner at Fish and Co.
I enjoy slacking, if only i was not busy coughing my lungs out. Gah!
I think slight fever is creeping up on me soon =(

Oh well, Boo and i were browsing at mobile phones at the hello! shop, and followed by the Gramophone shop at Takashimaya earlier, when it dawned upon me that the word to explain my lack of keeness to replace all the gadgets that i have lost is reluctance.

Scrutinizing at the new ipod nanos displayed there, there is visible differences between the new Nano, and the old one.
I have to live with the fact that my new nano (if i ever get it again), would never be the same as the old one, despite the fact that new gadgets are always better than the old.

I am indignant at the fact that i have to spend double to money, to get back what i have lost.
What's worst, it does not feel the same anymore. The sentiments attached to my gadgets cannot be comprehended, but i certainly do take good care of my belongings in my own little manner.

It is probably dumb, because gadgets, unlike living things do not have feelings.
But i do. *pouts*
Sunday
It's mother's day!
I have plans in mind for mommy, but executing them would highly depend on my ability to get up early. We'll see, i guess!

Til then! Good night!