Saturday, May 05, 2007

phone and birthdays!



I'm officially sick. Down with the flu Again...
I feel overdosed with 2 redoxon vitamin C, 1 sorethroat tablet, 1 clarinase and 1 minty losenges. *feels pukish* Just imagine all the water that i had to drink!
I can so feel the water sloshing about in my tummy in sequence with my movements, while the pills float along like a little toyboats in a bathtub!

In anycase, it was boo's birthday on the 3 of May! But good things are best celebrated in multiple days, so i've decided that it shall be a week's worth of birthday celebration for boo! =)

Happy birthday boo! *big grin*
You're officially 27 now! Is that considered as late twenties or what?!
Hee hee hee

Thursday
Boo's department was giving out tickets to spidey 3 for free! So we went along and caught the show, along with free drink and popcorns!

We rushed home after the movie to cut his birthday cake with his family
Chocolate fudge cake! It did not help with the sore throat that i have developed.

I started on my first Yoga crusade after the cake!
I am now extremely aware that i have the flexibility of a hundred year old woman.
Boo's mom is more flexible than me, can you believe that?!

Friday
Had the birthday dinner with boo's family. We headed over to Vivocity for Japanese ala carte buffet at Aji by Hanabi.

The food is pretty good, and the sashimi is really fresh. I'm never been much of a sashimi fan, but at least i ate a few slices of fish and what nots today.
Only bad thing about the meal, would be the lack of a dessert. *pouts*

But like what Bernard says, the buffet was originally meant as an accompaniment snack for sake drinks, but since we Singaporeans aren't too cultured in the sake drinking habit, it became a meal instead of a snack.
-
I got my Automated teller machine (ATM) card generated at the bank on Wednesday.
You have no idea how happy i felt, getting back a bit of what i've lost.

I'm currently using my old Project shop pink leather wallet, and except for my police report and alittle bit of cash, it is empty.

Getting my card back, meant that a slot in the wallet has been occupied.
I'm awaiting for the Debit master card and its friends to be mailed/couriered to me. It will apparently take 5 working days for DBS/POSB to mail to me - *sigh* so much for efficiency. I'll have been a dead dried corpse, if i didnt make the trip down to the bank.

And boo boo! i never quite saw the courier man coming along with my other card either. *frowns*

I have also collected my replacement SIM card from Starhub on Wednesday!
Definitely yet another liberating experience!
Being "uncontactable" has its perks, however the inconvenience soon overwhelms the "unavailable" mode. Everyone grumbles about not able to locate me. Hahahhaa..

Adapting to replacement phones always drives me nuts!
I was using the Motorola L6 earlier, and just by figuring out where the profiles and settings are, not to mention the process of SMS. I wonder how i managed to survive using it the last time round.

So i decided to switch to the old nokia phones at home.
Leaving me with a choice of:
The 6260



or the 6610i.

Alas! I could not locate the old fat chargers! so i stuck around more to the L6 for another day, until mommy tells me where she's hidden the old chargers.
I finally settled on the 6020, and i had a great time fumbling around! First i smsed Da, instead of mommy, and next i rushed to answer the phone, and ended up broadcasting the phone call in loud speakers!
I could not figure out what the "huge fullstop in fontsize 100, with brackets" sign on the left hand corner of the phone was, until boo told me later that it was the old logo for bluetooth!
Gah! I feel dumb! Everything feels weird when you are using backdated technology!


I am that ignorant -_-".

Then boo's mom offered her spare phone to me!



The nicest replacement phone of the lot! The Nokia 7270! *grinz*
The specs and operating system is somewhat close to the 7610, so i am feeling less of a tech idiot for now! Yay!