Tuesday, May 15, 2007

System down.

I've been out and down sick for the past few days, with the usual i am going to fall sick symptoms followed by the ultimate dreaded combination of cough, flu and fever!
Gah! It's horrible i tell you!

I was totally flat out on Sunday, sleeping the entire day away until dinner time.
Where we went out for mothers day dinner at Sushi Tei. Everyone, but daddy, coz he's in HK/China (but he called!) :D. If not, he'll be the one footing the bill! Hahaha!
Dinner there left me poorer by close to 90 bucks until Da decides to be charitable and pay up her half soon. In anycase it was a buy one get one free deal when it comes to treating mommy~ ie, pay for the brother with his newly developed hugeass appetite. Teenagers! Tsk, tsk! Haha!

Sunday was also the 39th month anniversary between Boo and i, so Boo came to pick me up later at night, and we spent time watching the fifth element on DVD, since i was too sick to rollerblade. I love the way "diva" sings!

However, Monday proved to be the shittiest day for me, because i swear the fever shot up to 50 degrees or something! Ever the drama queen i am, i am definitely kidding about my temperature, because i was too sick to even bother about silly stuff like taking my temperature just to whine and gain sympathy.



Boo came over for a short swim before work, and while i the sick one went down to "sunbathe" in the shade with my bikini. Was feeling alright and happy sitting around in the shade, running around the pool for some "toe dipping".
I was thrilled to spot 4 squirrels hopping around the perimeters of the pool, crawling up the pool umbrellas, deck chairs and table, playing and chasing each other. They're so cute, and definitely too fast to snap a proper picture of them!

Shit started happening later when my nap got disrupted by the "conflict in my surrounding climate".
There i am feeling warm like a mug of hot cocoa, with icy hands and shivering when the fan is barely blowing at me. How to sleep?!

So i tried sleeping about everywhere else in the house.

Falling asleep with my head on my knees (still on my chair) because it felt cooler than the bed. Then dozing off while pee-ing in the toilet, then shifting back to the bed, the living room sofa. Yeah, you get the idea about the sleep rotation theory.
*
Being one who absolutely believes in the self healing process, i never like to take medicine unless forced to, because pill swallowing makes me sick. However, as of monday until now, i have taken to consuming Panadol the way a drug addict does as often as he could.

Skipping Panadol just once meant hell to me, coz trust me, i have already tried weaning myself off medication upon feeling better yesterday. The aftermath was horrible!

Horrid enough to ensure that i'll eat up my 2 pills every 6-8 hours.
I bet Boo will be amazed enough to tell you how miraculous it is, to see Daphne eating Panadol on her own accord.

This is by far the largest quantity of Panadol i have taken in total in my entire life, not counting the days i had to rely on Panadol as painkillers in the hospital when i had my Scoliosis operation.
*
Things that i have missed out on so far..
I was supposed to meet up with Zoe and Daniel for a secret outing to a secret place after they are done with watching spidey 3. But alas, stupid fever made me missed it.

Ben later called to ask if i wanted to meet for Dinner/dessert, and he said that i sounded bad, and decided that we shall meet another day.

Lydia is back, so i called her, and she asked what is wrong with me, because i sounded like a tranny.

I missed Eelyn's communicasia casting on both days because i was too sick to get my "dead" body out of whichever sleeping position i am in = loss of income! Boo!

Trina asked me on sunday, if i could help her with her Erdinger Roadshow on Monday, but again, i'm too sick to open my mouth to whine, so much less to even think about working? = loss of income. *sulks*

On both days when i call mommy up to get me dinner, i sounded bad enough to get nags from her, but of which, i drifted in and out of sleep in the process.
Of which, dinner, instant noodle, 3 in 1 cereal mix, they are all tasteless to me. Even drinking plain water makes me nauseous! Life absolutely sucks for now! What a way to start my holidays!

Till my tastebuds recover, i shall refrain from feasting on expensive food.