Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Daddy's Day!

Daddy's back, and it is Father's Day! Whoopee! We have decided to celebrate by having dinner with dad, and Grandpa. I would probably be treating, though it is undecided on our dining location. Mehhh.

Daddy showed me 2 very tiny scrunched up thing, and it is about the size of my palm, and it turned out to be a mini Tee! Well, it's not anything new, except that it cost 2 SGD, and he got them in China. So cute! So Mr Shark the motif of my bedsheet looks like he's wearing a dress, while its a tee for me! Cute colors! Might wear them out for dinner tomorrow, if the weather turns out to be suitable.

Zoe and i were working for Gatsby, to promote their new moving rubber series. Work is definitely boring, especially if you have to stand for prolonged hours at WATSONS - your personal store.

My working experience with the Watsons way of life, has definitely changed my personal perception of their business. Mind you, it is definitely NOT a compliment that i am dishing out, but rather a note of disgust.

Never have i met such stupid management formalisation before, and by stupid, allow me to quote a few scenarios that has sucessfully scarred me for life.

My first day
1) I walked into the staff entrance with Tony (my agent), and the staff rudely shouted, " you think your shop ah, can walk in anytime you want. Register with the manager first!"

My response to that was a silent "woah, chill dude.."

2) We met the manager, and i was horrified to find out that i actually have to declare how much cash i have - by digging out every single cent on my body, and literally showing it to her!
Next, was to write down the amount onto this piece of "log sheet" that dictates what time i sign in, sign out, and break time, and not forgetting the amount of cash i brought into the store.

3) Manager whips out a marker pen, demands that i take out every item that Watsons carrys, and promptly goes to disfigure my cosmetics and sweet boxes. Every item, from mascara, eyeliners, face powder, lip gloss, concealer, tic tacs, and my pretty hello kitty mint box, was marked with a marker. It was lucky that i wailed out in time, to save my pretty hello kitty mint box from permanently being disfigured, the manager is nice enough to mark only the hello kitty sticker.

My gawd, what an eventful morning, that both Zoe and I had to go through.
you would not know how much it shatters my heart to disfigure my belongings in such manner.
I probably did mention in previous entries that i do take rather good care of my belongings, and yes it hurts to "destroy" them in such manner.
It did not help that i was not notified in advance about such procedures. I could at least bring cosmetics that Watsons does not carry, ie Body shop, the face shop, oh you get what i mean.

4) Manager goes on to air her displeasures about the girls who were working a few days before us. But i'll leave that out, as it does not concern me.

5) At the end of the night, i signed out, and had to open up my bag for the night supervisor to rumage through my belongings. Apparently, one of my silky girl eyeshadow was not marked, and it got confiscated for the night. " She asked why it was not marked, and since it wasn't, she's keeping it."

It was horrible! First the humiliation in the morning, and now this in the night!
I worked hard at keeping my rising temper in check, demanding to know what exactly was she going to do with my eyeshadow.

SHE replied tartily that she would have to keep it with her, and pass it to the manager to deal with the next morning. Silently, i was like "WTF!"

I left my "favourite" personal store, with a face that is black as a raven.

Naturally, i complained to the whole world about my griviences, and everyone agreed that i was unfairly treated. Quacks even offered to accompany me to work the next day, to demand for my eyeshadow, should they refuse to return them back to me. Obviously, an 8bucks eyeshadow does command quite abit of commotion, but i was sane enough to reject his offer, and deal with the issue myself.

I did eventually get it back the next day, with no bloodshed involved, but involved lots of forced smile, and polite talking to the manager.
*
The next few days were equally horrible, as some supervisors are truly quite rude, ( i'll just leave to the probability that she's got lousy family upbringing), and that they treated us like dogs. Never in my life, have i been treated with such distaste!

Getting supervisors to sign on our log sheet, was somewhat comparable to chasing people to get your money back. (yes, it's that difficult!)
They either reply rudely to you that they aren't free, prompting you to get someone else to sign for you (when all they do, is to be in a corner tidying the stocks, or standing at the cashier placing items into the plastic bags). This process usually takes at least 15 mins everytime we require a signature.

One actually screamed at Zoe to "GET OUT" once. Wow, don't you just love them?
*
I am not exactly raised like a princess, and neither am i spoilt to death by my folks.
BUT, i am not brought up, to be treated like this - to declare the cash amount that you have, and to show it to a stranger, to be "accused of stealing", to be screamed at rudely like dogs. Why, even my pets get better treatment than what Zoe and I had to go through at Watsons.
It's disgusting!

It's not like i'm poor enough to want to steal an eyeshadow that cost 6bucks during sales, or desperate enough to want to take anything from their store. And even if i do intend to steal, placing the "stolen" item blatantly in my cosmetic bag for the supervisor to check, is definitely one of the dumbest way to do it, and it seriously adds insult to my intelligence.

Whatever it is, this is one job that i will never miss, and one experience that i will never forget.

Being busy with work this entire week, being able to lie in bed, and to cuddle my muffin is definitely a luxury that i missed to bits! So i spent a good half hour camwhoring with my pillow, blankets and muffin! Whooppee! I love sleeping in!

Lastly, a newly acquired black dress! Someone find me a occassion to wear them! It's pretty!
That is about all the random photos that i have to offer for now!