Thursday, July 26, 2007

Of enbloc, flea markets and hong kong cafes.

It's been a long while since i last updated. Oh well, for starters, it's been official that Tulip Garden would be gone, about a year from now.


That would be an earth shaking news for me, because this is practically like the home that i have been living in, since forever.

We moved in since i was 5, and now i'm 24!


I'm caught in a dilema about moving. After all, no matter how much i would really like to have a space and room of my own, it is after all a home that i've climbed and monkey around in, where memories of yesterday are really close by. And probably like what Da mentioned in her entry, if it was not for our sharing of room, we would not have been as close as we are now.


Next would be the headache of a communal consensus of finding a new home. I'm sure the folks already have plans in mind, and we are in no position to add our 2 cents worth into the plans and discussions, but i do hope that we would be able to locate a new home that is spacious, not crampy like the new private establishments, that i have seen over the years, and not forgetting centralised and accessible. Living in Farrer Road has spoilt me rotten because it is practically near everywhere!
-

I am once again thankful that no matter how bad things may seem, well in my particular instance, it would be the hassle of locating group mates to do project again. Having to do a subject alone is definitely not enjoyable. I may have already gotten used to being alone, and having to make friends all over again, but i am rather certain that i would like my life to be less filled with surprises of these nature.


But i am thankful that i have found a group rather quickly, and i truly am.
-
Flea Market at SMU was boring.
There was no crowd at all! Da and i were probably the Flea market's biggest buyers of the day, we we purchase items from almost every store because everything was dirt cheap!
There was the $3 pair of heels that we each purchased and i would rate the condition to be 8.5/10.
The project shop bag that cost me $3
the $8 dress
$3 glam tank top and lastly the silver and black tote back that i thought mommy might like - that cost me $5! Aha! I lost track of what Da bought, but be assured that it is definitely quantity crazy!

Mark, Da and i received complimentary tickets to the movie "Knocked up" from the organisers of the SMU flea market, and we went to watch it on Monday! Whooppee!


Being bored over the weekends, i took out the old denim jeans and made it into a flare skirt! The fitting and design isn't great, but at least the reconstructing bit entertained me for hours. It turned out fairly well to my surprise, and i wore it out on sunday, while shopping with mommy. Hee hee hee, at least i didnt get weird stares for my skirt *wink*




Met Crix, Jo and Jason for supper at the HongKong Cafe at Cineleisure again, and I had fun posing knowingly and unknowingly for Jason's new phone feature! It's so cute his phone!
All that random poses that i striked, and extracted pictures from him. Definitely one of the funnier supper sessions that we've had, especially the part about coming up with dumb ideas to send messages to random bluetooth users who left their bluetooth active. Meh!

Love the last picture the best! It's supposedly me thinking of my french toast! Yums!