Tuesday, August 28, 2007

School of Rock


I've finally received pictures for my short Shell Helix stint for Day 1.

I have yet to receive the ones that were taken at the media launch, and have no idea if i will ever lay my eyes on them, but these will do fine for now.
Iris actually took the trouble to add our names and edit the picture before sending over.

She's such a sweetie for sure! love her loads, and hope to see her sometime soon!


I added pictures from all my random cam whoring for friday.

I think it's a look good, feel good syndrome day. I was actually over dressed, because my destination after my little camera fling, was to work, but yeah, i feel good anyway!
I tried working out a few reasons to justify my feel good for the day, and the more acceptable ones are:


1) I'm wearing a newly bought top. It's a grey polka dotted camisole, paired with me "oh my god - is that a slit at the side of your pants?! capris". Hahaha
2) It was a good hair day.
3) I spoke to myself in the mirror and told myself to kick some ass by being strong-er!
Ahah! Does all that sounds vaguely convincing?!

I kinda dig this random silly shot that i took in the lift. It makes me laugh, when i look at it. Hahaha.

And now, finally the pictures to the School of Rock Bash that was held at St James on Saturday.
I was all dressed up, aiming to go for the Subtle Glam Rock Chick look, which i would rate a 6/10 for intended effect. However, I would think that my boots added a pretty nice touch to my otherwise boring but short grey dress, though i do believe that my face paint could have been a tad better defined. Perhaps darker eyes, stronger lipstick, but i added jewels on my right cheek to glam things up alittle! Pre Bash party over at my place - where a handful of us gathered, ate dinner, boozed alittle and dressed up together a little. It's regretful to say that i spent most of my time cooped up in my room dolling up, while the rest hung around and entertained themselves. Bah! I make a bad host, and i shall learn to improve on it, in future.
The 4 of us, Audrey, myself, Steph and Lailin are all sporting the same Glitter rose Tattoo! Thank You Audrey for the sponsor, i love it so much that i cannot part with my glitter rose!
It is now sitting in my toilet's mirror as decoration! *grins*
Shots of the night. Powerhouse is definitely not a camera friendly place. All the pictures that we took were smoky and hazy, save for these 2 pictures that Robin sent over to me.
Everyone took the effort to dress up, and i'd say that Mr La Mer (Leon) look pretty good himself, despite him telling me the opposite, so i'm going ahead to post his face up anyway!

Our dear Larlin got dreadfully drunk when we arrived at St James, and i am glad that she sobered up pretty quickly, to enjoy the rest of the night!
As for Stupid Tin tin - that fella disappeared pretty early in the night without telling anyone of us that he was heading for home. Meh!

I dropped by Dragonfly to say hello to my working friends! It's nice to see them again, and i miss my little working stint at Dragonfly!

The quote of the night:
You know you're hawt when you walk past a group of guys who are talking, and they stop talking for 7 seconds to oogle at you ~ Mr Quacks.

Hahahah.
It sucked to end the night with WIL filling and seeping through your thoughts.
I woke up the next day to join Robin, Leon, Larlin and Waiyan at the National Library.
So much for having a happening life.

I am glad that WIL submission is over, and really thankful for all the help and advise that I've received for this assignment. Next on hand would be the dreaded Strategic Management submission.
Gah! I am dreadfully tired.