Monday, June 23, 2008

Mangled Chicken!

I'm due to head over to the east for a chalet.... and since the chalet organiser had a surprise paper to sit for at the very last minute, i've decided to take over the reign and deal with the food!

I've chosen to potluck caramelised pineapples, stuffed mushrooms, chicken and vegetable kebab for the barbeque, not forgetting 1 kg worth of prawns! Yums!
Well mommy was nice enough to help me clean up those smelly prawns, but i'm not quite sure why she didnt offer assistance for the chicken fillet!
Deboning 2 pieces of foreign bone that's embedded in the fillet x 3 is such tough work, that i spent a total of 2 hours in the kitchen hacking and sawing away at the wishbone looking thing, and the cartiledge tailbone looking thing of the chicken!

I swear it's nature's way of telling me that i definitely lack the necessary talent in kitchen affairs la! I used 3 different methods to hackle at that bone thingies in the fillet, in hope that i'll find a one good method to use for future references, but alas! My right arm's sore and i've yet to get any conclusion!

My hands stinks, despite using a plastic bag as a make shift glove! Gah! How I hate to handle raw meat! I think i might just stick to vegetarian dishes in future!
I'm not stingy, i'm just not talented!

I ransacked the entire kitchen for spices, sauces and miscellaneous herbs to marinate my chicken, and now as i sit and blog, i sure do hope that the chicken would turn out fine... :S
I think i should go to bed, and wake up early to skew the meat, mushrooms and fruits onto the sticks!


*ok, i just related my sad kitchen experience to mommy and aside from being horrified that her kitchen's been ransacked, she just reckoned that she should have left the prawns for me to deal with too, so that i would appreciate her more! *frowns*

Well at least my kitchen endeavour seem amusing to the brother, as he listened to the conversation while getting ready for school. Well, Yay! At least i'm done with school! Woots!