Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ironies in life

The irony(s) in life!

Rohana called me up yesterday to inform me that i wouldn't be able to receive my Certificate on my graduation day tomoorow, because of a printed error on my Certificate.

Apparently the error stated that Daphne Lee has graduated her Bachelor in Business Management with Distinctions. Hahahha
Not that i particularly mind about the discrepancy, but oh well... *shrugs*
I guess the administration people take their jobs too seriously.
Hahahahah

Zoe came up with more jokes about my major(s), and because it's tough to explain in words, it shall remain a private joke.
*
Had a philosophical discussion with Adi while playing pool the other night, and i was bitching to him about how superficial most people really are, and the general perception and expectations that people have of me is impressive!

For instance, people do find it HARD to believe that my life is pretty ordinary just like everyone else, and to their disappointment, i do not lead a very crazy, wild or high life.
No, i dont smoke, drink or do drugs - neither do i spend insanely - nor am i dating a million guys at the same time.

Frivolities aside, i actually earn my own spending money, and i haven't been redeeming my allowance for months since my informal news of my graduation.
My weekly routine looks vaguely like this:

Sleep sleep, salsa, work, work, work, salsa.
Rearrange the order alittle here and there, and that pretty much summerises my life.
I hardly find time to shop during retail hours, and for that, i am ever so thankful for the invention of online shopping! :D

Complaints aside, Adi's reply simply was - Big trees simply just catch more wind.
Our friendship thrives alot on the use of codes and analogies , so excuse us..

Fact #1: Big trees catch more wind, small tree catch lesser wind
Fact #2: Big trees that catches more wind doesnt necessarily mean it's a good wind

Take celebrities for example.
The bigger your reputation (tree), the more wind (critisism, expectations, rumours, blahblahblah) you attract.
Take Amy Winehouse for example. There are lots of drunkeds around, why so much attention on her?
It is also none of our business whether Britney wears her undies or shaves her head, isn't that right? So why do they receive so much flaks about their lifestyle?

Big trees that catches big wind also spend more time sieving out between the crappy, bad and good wind - that i agree as well, especially when it comes to dealing with people.
I've met a whole load of crap, crappy and crappier people, and a fair share of people who dote on me as well (thankfully). Quantity simply doesnt replace quality.

For that, is it really so difficult to meet sincere and nice people, or am i just getting more jaded because of the superficial nature industry that i'm caught in?
Tsk tsk..
I reckon the older i am, the better i become as a "siever" of personality, and mom tells me that i shouldn't be too sensitive, and judge people too quickly.
*sigh*