Friday, May 08, 2009

Earphone woes

Damn! It seems like some sort of earphone jinx that I am experiencing here! 
My earphones never had decent lifespan of the average!!
They usually do not even last for a year! 
In the span of approximately a year and a half, a total of 5 earphones has perished under the careful supervision of Daphne....
Seriously, it is baffling, but there is nothing that i can do about it!

#1 The orignal white earphones

The white earphones that came packaged with my nano died within 6 months. Cause of death?
I trod it to death by accident. The little paper piece in the earphone then played horrible cackley music when plugged it in. Oh well, my bad!


#2 The replacement white earphones

It turned into a shade of dirty grey rather quickly, and the replacement earphone didnt last past 2 months!
Cause of death? 
In my attempt to prevent future stampede deaths,  i decided to coil the earphones around the nano, and it also neatened my bag considerably!
Well that coiling apparently killed the wiring, and music was only coming out frm one ear! Urgh!


#3 Blackie with baby pink earbuds

Gah! Being sick of looking at dirty white earphones, I bought blacky from the same reseller, and i threw a mini tantrum about the bad quality earphones (and promptly feigned denial about coiling the earphones) that was sold to me previously, which resulted in my purchase of Blackie at a heavily discounted price! 
Blackie lasted for 4 months, and soon died the same way #2 died.


#4 The sci-fi tricolored earphones

This one lasted the longest, and i was pretty impressed that it not only looks pleasing, but it is also hardy enough to survive the tangles with the contents in my bag, and actually behaved like how all earphones are supposed to! 
Unfortunately, 7 months later, it died a natural death of wear and tear - as i am currently listening to intermitted music on one ear as i travel. :(


#5 The black heart shaped earphones with pink rhinestone/diamonte

This pretty little thing took over the duties of earphone #4 for a couple of months, until it went for a 30 minute swim in my office cup. 
Like a typical diving ailment that one may experience, it is currently deafer on one ear... which led to #4 making a comeback, only for me to realise that it's giving me intermittent music after a month. Damn again!  


#6 The white heart shaped earphones with silver white rhinestones/diamante

Brand new! This fella is going to make its way out of the box when i get home tonight, lets just pray hard that it would not perish quickly like it's predecessors!