Sunday, October 23, 2011

When undecided...and celebrating the other Daphne's birthday


Title says it all!
That would be me, looking undecided at both the mirrors, and my photobooth about the colors.

I was undecided about my hairband colors, and ended up wearing both out!
The top had cream and white - and so did my hairbands?!

Mom and Da couldnt help me out with the selection between the 3 options of 
cream
pink
or both.
(so much for sisterly/motherly advise), and so I decided to wear both out.

When I yelled byebye to mommy, her reply to me was " what's the final colour ?"
I laughed and said "both!"
and promptly left home...

That was until I developed a headache from 2 different pressure points the hairbands gave me, and finally! Claudia chose one color for me!
I stuck to the pink hairband the entire night after :)


Went out to Meathaven to advance celebrate Daphne Leong's birthday.
I love the place. They serve yummeh meat!!!

My fingers are still smelling like the smoked ribs - and therefore i'm feeling hungry, each time my fingers come in contact with my nose. :(

For salivating purposes, here we go, stolen from Facebook..
Daphne ordered a variety for us to share....

For starters, we had nachos, wings, soups - the mushroom soup and pepper soup is very well done.
Soups were a personal favourite,
Totally made with love (as like how i'll usually describe well made soups brothed to perfection with lots of effort),

where the pepper soup is unique in taste, with tomato based, cheesy and addictive.
Mushroom soup is thick, creamy and mushroomy, no need to say more.

The pork ribs with the Haven BBQ sauce is pretty tender and juicy - and i'm not usually a fan of ribs, but this one holds a title on its own in my tummy now.
*slurps*



I super love love love the black pig pork belly!
The fatty parts practically melt in the mouth. They had garlic bits garnishing that tasted totally delish.
I kept picking on the last bits of it.
As for the potatoes... who cares about them. Lol


Next we had duck with pumpkin mash, which I felt was ok.
Not a duck fan, but it's also surprisingly tender and not dry - unlike our local duck fare.
Dry chewy and ducky tasting.

Seafood Couscous Nice tomato-ey flavour.
Me kinda likey! The prawns had flavour,and tasted pretty good.
Unfortunately, after the fatty kurobuta belly, everything pales in comparison for me. 

I had a good time hanging out with the girls, as usual - everyone was crazy, and we laughed alot.
I forgot to charge my camera battery, so we only had limited pictures.
Shall only post up the nice ones, and keep the candid ones for future blackmailing (hohoho).

Pictures of myself, with the birthday girl.


Group pictures!
Gorgeous-ness in various states, so I had a hard time choosing between the 2 picture.


Birthday girl with the blasting candles.
All the lighted candles look damn pretty.
I'm looking forward to my 50th! birthday - just so that the entire cake would look damn pretty when all the candles are lighted up!

Yummy food.
Pretty cake.
Happy girls. :)

Here's to 28 years and plenty more good times to come.
Woo hoo!