Friday, December 16, 2011

Progression

Progression in life.

When you were a kid... $1 was like big deal, for it could get you icecream at the provision shop.

When you start Primary school, a dollar would be like a daily meal allowance.
Landing with a $10 bill is like hitting jackpot back then.

Progressing on to Secondary school, an allowance of $10 - one can barely make ends meet.
$100 seems more apt -but it's something to lust for (at least it was for me)

The allowance progression just kept increasing as I moved along to Polytechnic, then SIM, and subsequently, $100 meant 4 hours worth of work for me back when I was studying.
As we move on in life, we require larger amount of money to satisfy our needs and wants and to sustain lifestyles..

My point in jotting this down is ..
We as human have no choice but to move progressively.
Perhaps someone might tell me that nothing seems to be good enough for me - is that really so?

The way I see it, It is pointless to move sideways - for you end up doing different things for the same effort, which might be exciting and add variety to life for a moment or two.
But yet at the end of the day - you achieve a myraid of experience side ways but never quite fulfill your destiny of  getting to the top as planned.
Which some might call it as a waste of time.

But at the end of the day, reality wins.
Call it greedy, call it demanding, for we all have no choice but to move on, climb on to seek greener pastures, for this is what life is all about.

Most call it the Survival of the fittest.

We can only stop and help as much as we can.
But when its between your life or mine, it will have to be mine.
I'm not mother teresa - i'm not ghandhi. Sacrificing my life for the good of mankind - doesn't quite cut it out for me.

I can only try to, but I have my limits.
Time and effort was spent trying - and still there wasn't any progression
So it's either my way, or nothing at all.

I'm sorry.
but it's time to abandon the ship.
especially when the ship doesn't want to save itself.