Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Hello May!



Happy May!
May the month of May bring about better joy than April did.

I'm not sure why I've never fancied April much.
It's like a dead beat sort of feeling.
I guess It is sort of a half baked month for me, because after all the birthday celebrations I had in Late February, which kinda got carried over to March, it's no wonder that April feels half baked
Lol.
So boring.

Aside from that, I can only recall eating, eating and eating nonstop lately.
Here's how my weekend goes:

Saturday

The girls decided to bring our pooches out to the West coast for a day of fun!
The event turned out to be alittle more meh than anticipated, so we changed location, and settled for a local pet cafe called the Urban Pooch.

Gosh! Trixie went absolutely nuts there.
All the friends!
We've got Claudia's Japanese Spitz duo (Girlgirl and puppy)- where Trix already made friends with in the car...
Trina's Cocker spanial (Dior) 
Linna's Shih Tzu ( Bebe)
The cafe's 2 mascot - a yorkshire terrier and a Daschund (leaf).
Never got their names, but it was crazy fun for the dogs, all that socializing!

For Trixie, it was officially her first proper dog outing, and she was mad hyper.
I lost track of where she constantly was (despite how it was really just a small confined cafe), and concentrated on the cupcakes Trina baked.

Trina baked like tons of alcohol laced cupcakes - they were yummy! 
I love how moist they are.
The Brandy and Hokkaido ones are the favouritest, followed by the Lavander ones that makes me sleepy, and the Baileys - which technically were the ones that got me started on her alcohol laced cupcakes.
I ate the most cakes that day, and even brought home 2 more for supper!

At Urban Pooch, I ordered lunch - which consisted of Teriyaki sandwich and it came along with a drink and carrot soup (sounded yucks - coz Im a carrot hater, but turns out to be quite yummy, and I lapped everything up dry!)

The brother had IKEA craving in the evening, and I ate up  about 10 pieces of meatballs for dinner, and mommy ordered additional chicken wings.
I had 2 wings, and ended dinner with a vanilla ice cream cone.

IKEA is evil.
For every $20 spent on dining, they gave us a $5 voucher that could be used on any furniture purchases.
The fam had to scour the entire complex, just to find how we could spend that $5 voucher wisely (unwisely actually)
I went home with new sheets (they're pretty with rosebuds design, and now I cant wait to change my 3 day old sheets), and some boring stuff that mommy decided that she wanted - like pillow protector. ugh.

For the want of a $5 discount, we easily spent $50?!
That's why I say, IKEA is evil.
Muaahahahha.

Sunday
Woke up to mom's home cooked Prawn noodles.
I like them so much that I request for both Lunch and Dinner to be the same thing.
Love the soup broth! 
Post dinner, I headed out for my daily does of Bubble tea, and later ate up my 
2 servings of buns from Bread talk.
Hours later, 1 regular bowl of kokocrunch and milk for a good sleep. 

Monday
Woke up and ate up my mixed fruit custard tart from Bread talk.
Walked over to the village to get my shoes repaired.
Since the shoe uncle said that I had to wait for over an hour for my shoes, I decided to camp out at Sushi Tei and contemplated ordering a Chankonabe - a sumo sized version of hotpot that could feed about 2-3 pax!

I ended up with a serving of Chawanmushi (steamd egg custard) and the single portion Beef Kaminabe - which essentially is a pot miso based soup served in paper pot, 
Love how I'm ordering something legit that has a vulgar-ish undertone (in dialect)
Especially when I order the kaminabe when mommy's around. I swear she's controlling a wince at the sound of it, or perhaps a facial twitch.
Legit dish on the menu, but YET so close to sounding like i'm muttering a swear word.
Woots! 

Hahaha.
Not sure if the name of the dish brings in more entertainment factor for me, or its just pure yummy.
For today, it's because I craved Miso soup SO BADLY.
I had my daily dosage of Bubble tea - J treated me to KOI's caramel milk tea today when I met her, and then it was home for dinner after!
A short white later, I attacked the chiffon cake perched on the table, and 
stole some of my brother's instant Borsh soup.

It wasn't enough, and I ate up my green tea swiss roll.
My stomach was outraged at how tiny the slice of swiss roll was, as I tried to pass it off as sustenance.
I finally gave up and settle for some Instant kway chup thew in some meatballs, a packet of golden mushroom, an egg, and now i'm satiated.

Ima be fatter than my daddy soon.

Rwar.
Someone's gone to the states.
Someone's gone to Vietnam
and some self consolation - someone's coming from Jakata
to binge eat with me.
Woo hoo!

Since the 1st of May is a holiday, Ima meeting the girls for more alcohol laced cupcakes later!
No dogs today! 
The fluffy one has just gotten a bath and is looking extremely fafi at the moment, therefore no more outings.

Trixie's trick for the month of April - would be to Tunnel!
She knows how to burrow/creep/stoop over my knees whenever I'm seated on the floor with my feet planted firmly to the ground - that's when my legs form a little tunnel of sorts.
I've managed to make her walk through like within 2 seconds flat.
She's so smart, and yet so naughty.
What am i going to do with her?
ARghhh..