Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Crimson lips




I finally caved in to my list of "wants" and got myself some red RED lips!
I've been thinking and procrastinating about the vivid red lipstick for the longest time, and for as long as I've existed - I've never been much of a lipstick girl (because it makes me talk funny, and it stains my teeth if I smile too much).
At best, I'll fiddle with lip tint. Hahaha.

Well, today's one of those "I'm getting it, even if I'm gonna use it once!" kind of day.
Whipped out my new toy and tried on the red lippy the minute I got home, and I'm happy with the shade of red that I chose! 
It pops!
:D

Seriously, choosing the right shade of red is a rather painful process.
The right shade can either make or break the entire make up routine. 
It either achieves the glowing fair complexion, or makes your face looks sallow and dumpy - which is probably NOT what we want here.

the idea is to look sexy, not scary zombie right?

Anyway, it's probably common sense (to me), but the process of color selection is long and tedious, because I spend much time strolling round the mall twice or thrice.
In case you think i'm nuts...

I'm strolling because colors (anything! fabric, hair, cosmetic) react and is viewed differently under various lights circumstances.
(daylights, sunlight, soft white, orange lights, tungsten etc). I'm just doing so, to cover my base.

Just think of color as an optical illusion of sorts. 
I will be sooooo annoyed if I look fucking good in orange light, and end up resembling trash or tranny in daylights or whatever light.
In the perfect scenario, I would aim to look gorgeous in all types of lighting.
Lol.

Here we go, 1xvivid red lippy added into the make up collection!