Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Random Daphne

I spent the entire Monday achieving nothing.
It's my unofficial self declared off day, and the longest duration I was awake for, was probably lunch time.

Sleep

Check email

Sleep

Lets Trixie out, laughed about food jokes, checked phones, emails and
orders Dominos Pizza ( I learn that if you order your food online, you get more food.
They gave me a box of onion rings for free. Oh Joy!)

Naps

Wakes up to receive pizza
Munch

Goes into sleep coma

Wakes up for dinner

Continues sleep coma
and now i'm up.

Like WIDE awake.

Now that i am wide awake, I'm not even sure why i am so tired anymore.
While asleep I dreamt about halloween, I was all dressed up in a vintage corpse bride outfit.
My mom went along for the party with a few friends/relatives/cousins. We got bored and we went to the supermarket (yeah still in my corpse bride outfit)
Returned back to my grandaunt's house to realize that there was a zombies attack!

I was super coward and hid in the car, while my mom went to fight them (wha..that's super brave of her), there were random friends and relative that I couldnt put a name to in my dream.

Warped dreams, puzzling and extremely illogical to decipher.

I'm now stuck between wanting to head out for some cakes and drinks, or to fall back asleep.
If only starbucks of coffeebean delivers, decision making would be darn easy!
---

On other news, my brain's learning curve seems to be surging.
I've never. Never written so much chinese in my life, save for all the compositions I was forced to submit back in school, and what i've written, over the past few months.

I 'm on QQ mobile when i'm out, and they usually type in Chinese to me, while I'll push my luck and reply in English.

I realize that multitasking skills does not apply when i'm on Chinese typing mode.
I cannot walk, cross road, eat, talk, shop, while i'm typing chinese. I need to drop what I'm doing, stand still, then type what I need to write, before I pick up everything and continue with life.


When I reply email in chinese, it usually takes me hours to accomplish a simple email.
No i'm not dating a chinese man for christ sake!
I'm just tracking the progress of my designer and giving approvals!

Seriously, for the potato that most people expect me to be, my chinese really isn't too bad at all!
It just requires some time for me to channel the inner 华文 goddess from within.

And when it gets tough... I get creative!

Over a seafood dinner in china.
I wanted scallops and I could not remember what they were called.
So I said "erm.. you know...the shellfish commonly depicted as Little mermaid's bikini..what's that called?"

Well she laughed and got what I was referring to.
Easy peasy. :D

---

The next random statement that is still ringing in my head would be a recent conversation between old friends that I've recently met.

I've been told that I've got a mind of my own.

Errps.

I'm not sure why it felt like an alien statement to me, to the point that i'm still pondering over it.


Yes, I am an opinionated girl.

Perhaps I've been raised to be one.
Perhaps innately I am one
Perhaps I want to be one, therefore I am constantly surrounded with people of similar frequencies..


Would life be different if I was raised a meek girl, instead of being such a hard personality?
Haha.

This i'll ponder over, and update another day...
And head back to bed.
I'll muster the courage to clobber up some zombies!