Wednesday, November 28, 2012

South East Asia Aquarium - Resorts World Sentoa

Headed over to the newly opened South East Asia (SEA) Aquarium today, and had a lovely day!

This was what greeted me, when I entered the place.
Hugeass Chinese looking ship!
Rwar!


The other side of the junk ship reminded me alot of Noah's ark. Heheheh.
I wasn't expecting this, actually.


Enough of the touristy talk, and back to the aquarium.
Ima a happy mermaid when I saw this. It felt like I was back home!
Just look at all the layers a mermaid could perch on, when idling!
Pretty or what?

I took tons of pictures today, and these are just a few of my favourites.
Sharing them in no particularly order. 
Everything shown here, is fully taken by the iphone 4s, and edited with photoapps.
Here we go!

I found this one extremely blissful.
It's actually 2 different school of fishes swimming in harmony.
The bubble looking school is made up of really tiny fishes.
The picture does no justice to this, so I actually took a video of the entire hugeass aquarium.
I spent the longest time there, just absorbing the serenity (Minus those stupid yelling kids, it'll have been totally perfect)
I'll load up the video another day, it's a patience testing thing (youtube loading)
It's very much similar to the video I've posted here back in november 18 2010.


Did I mention that this aquarium is mother big! Probably the size of a football stadium or larger!

This is my favourite giant fish.
I named him Dumbo. 
He gives me the weirdest silliest stares whenever he swims past me.


This is Mr giant fish. Look how huge he is, next to us humans.
He's taller and fatter than me physically. 
Wow wee.
There were leopard sharks, leopard stingrays etc and I seriously tried to capture a good shot of them. But they'll come in later from the other camera. 
But looking at the way i'm procastinating...anything that comes from the real camera, probably would never surface.
Hahaha.
Ok, back to the Fishplayground!


Now that i'm done gawking about the sheer size of the hugeass fish playground, let me start prattling on the pretty subtanks that I visited.
I am in love with this coral reef garden.
The pastel colors is just amazing.
I want to be a mermaid sometime please!
Sit on an oyster shell, wear some pearls and scallops, and just idle around looking pretty with my pet starfish and crab. 

I have no idea what the Seahorsey is doing.
Cute little fella looks like he's smooching the rocks.
But actually most of them were clinging onto the coral with their tails, so that they will not drift away.
How annoying!

After many tanks later, this was the only starfish I met.
I thought to myself, Oh dear! Skinny and unimpressive he is, but I should capture a proper picture of this lad though. 
Starfish seems to be an unlikely resident here.
Poor anorexic starfish.
Blah..

Next thing I know, I met the real deal!
Look at how fat this squiggly thingie is!
Now, this is what starfishes should look like!

It's also a petting tank.

The starkeeper told me to stroke the fella gently, and the silly little thing curled itself up rather cutely in response to my touch!
Starkeeper says that it likes me.
Yay!
#NaturalStarfishCharmer
See I told you they're gonna be my water pets, if I'm ever going to be a mermaid.


More coral looking things.
The colors and settings is soooooo pretty. 
I couldn't resist.

I was taking a picture of the tank when I captured this and thought to myself.
Huh...what fish is that?!
Sheesh! It's a float-away-brush. It surfaced for some air shortly, about 5 seconds after this picture.
This shot is 95% good luck and 5% quick reaction.
Epic to see a brush floating by for display.
Hahahha.

Oh in case you were wondering, the fishes thought it was something munch worthy.

Another pretty coral setting.
You know just before you catch a movie, there is the THX sound test with lots of metallic looking plants?
This one is probably the underwater version, if there ever was one. 



More corals. I'm in love with them!
I'm ok about the fishes. but corals are like Wow! Wee!
People go in there to look at fishes, and there I am gazing at the fish's landscapes.
#nutcase

I just like how gorgeous it looks, with tiny little pearls or babys breathe embedded on the surface swaying to the rhythm of the ocean.



This, reminds me of Dim Sum.
Braised Chicken / phoenix foot, sticking out in all directions.
New presentation perhaps?


Ok! Some fishes.
But it was the sea urchins that fascinated me.
They look violently cute, sitting in the tank.
Like some vandalized punk sort of fish tank.


You get what I mean right?
If you don't, it's fine. Just appreciate the pictorial whatever then.



Last one of the urchin.
Looks so cute together with the black starfish.
I'm not sure what the both of them are doing, but being so black and punk. they look illegally cute sitting in a corner, with black sand and all.


Mom: Timmy! Stop digging your nose!
Timmy: I dont care mom! It's my nose, I shall dig all I like.

Meet Timmy the nose digging crab.
I decided that Timmy seems like a suitable nose digging name. (No offence) 

There's act cute Daphne, attempting to take a picture with the giant fishes.
Guess what?
Nothing showed up. 
Rwar!

Sea Jellies.
While staring at them, I kept thinking of a nice cup of dessert made of sea jellies.
Imagine my bubble tea order underwater...
milk tea please, with sea jellies, and 50% sugar.
Thank you.


The sea jellies seriously reminds me of a mangosteen.



-- Ok the end for now --


Ps: In case you're wondering. 
It took me about 5 hours to wander around leisurely, sit at the little water dome area to enjoy the mother huge aquarium, immersing myself into a make believe world of peace and bliss.

A short tea break, no toilet breaks, and no, the highly controversial and "hated" dolphins aren't ready for viewing yet.

I like it that it's rather empty today.