Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tiny updates and translation woes

I know I haven't been updating properly for a while.

At the moment, I'm really supposed to be translating some stuff for our China office, but have you ever tried translating an entire passage of text?
Granted that all Singaporeans are supposed to be minimally Bi-lingual, but it really isn't easy to switch seamlessly, and type along as it is, and still make it look/sound professional.

I cheated alittle and clicked on google translate.
It wasn't helpful at all.

The sentence construct is atrocious.
It's rather enjoyable ranting and rambling on in a single language, like how I usually do it in my entry, than to split my brains into two portions and try and piece up something properly.
Gahhh!


On a lighter note, I've been playing with my new Samsung Tab for the past week, and I have to say that this is quite possibly the first piece of Android device that I've ever laid my hands on, and i'm happy with my present!

Pardon me, I've been an i-girl/berry girl circa 2008 to date.
I have to say that the bot's not too bad, but still a little too rigid in the way it functions comparatively to the iphone/ipad, but nothing extreme like the blackberry.

I Love how cute the android bots, cupcakes, jelly beans, and dog is. :D
I hate how android and microsoft handle their data filing.
Most importantly, I love how having a new gadget platform never fails to push my brains up a notch.

You know, I never settle for mediocracy when it comes to stuff that I own, so the first honey moon month with my toys usually involves alot of exploring, one to one time, fiddling, jabbing and googling to find out tips, tricks and short cuts.

I also had the brother to help me out with this one, since he's using a Nexus 7, which effectively is of the same platform as the Tab.
It's like waaaay better than asking Siri!
My help and crash course conversations with the brother starts with.
How do I.....
and he'll tell me how with demos using his bruised up yucking looking finger!
Downside to it? Brother's stuck in camp!

It was also rather entertaining watching the bro and X rambling on about game emulators for their devices over supper the other night.
Like seriously, discussing about old school games that I grew up!
Donkey Kong, Battle City, Mappy, that circus game.

Laalalalala...
NAh I didnt install the game into mine. They installed into their respective toys.


ps: done translating!