Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Nostalgia

Every year around this time, I'll get a little nostalgic about life. 
Perhaps it's because I'm another year older, and have yet to rule the world or something along the lines of feeling unaccomplished.

But I've also learnt that life is usually timed pretty well, that just about nothing will ever be too early or too late, it's always in sync with you whenever you are ready.

Just like how we'll always have enough. 
If I want more of anything, I'll have to give up more to get it. 
If I wanted something lesser, I'll give something else in return of lesser value.
Same for life.
Same goes to money/job/career
Ditto for people/friendship/relationship 
And our material needs and wants. 

It's all a barter trade huh?
More money for less time. 
More friends for less "me time/space".
More material purchase for less money. 
And the cycle goes on. 

Therefore enough is good enough, I guess. ;)

And here I go, mourning for my youth and as I celebrate life.
Don't worry. I'll bounce back again when I cross the birthday hurdle and celebrate like mad!

Like seriously, I scrolled through some of my old pictures on Facebook, and wondered where did all my baby fats went to?!

These were taken between 2007-2008




And these were taken a couple of days ago..



And this in 2012-2013



My cheeks have disappeared over the years, and I'm not happy about it, despite being more camera friendly.
I need to consider those fat grafting procedure that's all the rage now! 
lol 


But I'm ever the coward when it comes to needles, bloodshed and pain. 
;(

Oh well.
I'll just try to eat more, and hope that the fats will go back to my face?
Haha.