Saturday, March 01, 2014

Are you kidding Friday?!

My Friday started out ok. 
Met Lydia for a quick lunch/shopping. 
Rushed home to pack in my toiletries waited for X to send me to the airport... 
Massive jam

Missed my flight. 
Epic of the epic. 
In fact this is the first time I missed my flight. 
I'm not sure if that moment I should laugh or cry... 
But hey! I spent the next 4 hours doing many more stuff than I ever would, if I were on board the plane. 

Like.... 
Eating dinner. Proper food. Instead of Tiger air's infamously salty and minuscule inflight food. 
Quality food at the hawker tonight. 

Rummaged the fridge and opened up random new tidbits to taste. 
Tonight's special will be jellyfish in spicy sesame. 
Not bad. Albeit too much MSG. 

Ate up all the korean strawberry. 

Konyaku jellies

Cooked myself a packet of creamy tom yum noodles. 

Repack my wardrobe. 
I took it apart to hunt for spring wear, and it was looking shabby. 

I took apart everything, re-sort the color order, reallocate hanger sharing, recategoize my catalog. Oh yeah! Sometimes it's so packed that clothes get pushed back to the wardrobe (and out of sight out of mind) 

Yep. 
With new (old) clothes to wear, I am rather excited to be wearing them all over again. Of course, to be coordinated and matched with current accessories, instead of how I used to wear then in the past.

Spending hours fixing up my wardrobe, I wondered to myself. 
What exactly defines my style??

I thought about my friends, my style icons and then I thought of myself. 

I realized that I'm essentially a safe dresser. 
I dress to please (myself), but yet at the same time, my style is so safe that no one can quite fault me for my coordinates. 
(Which is why I usually can't be bothered to take outfits of the day)

Unlike Lydia for example. 
She's a colorful dresser. 
She loves colors, prints and does not have any qualms mixing and matching eg tiger print + zebra print and still turn out outstanding in her own style. 

Some friends have a more rocker chick style, some more androgenrous with simple clean lines. 

For me, the best word that describes me, would be safe. 
Bah! So boring!
And because of that, I can't throw out my clothes like the ruthless way that Claud can do to hers. 

I'm still wearing clothes that I used to wear at 18,21 years old etc. 
it's like classic with a new updated twist. 

How do I just part with stuff to make space for my wardrobe?
I do have my share of discards. But that's a very small amount, compared to all the clothes that I have!
My house is always running out of hangers! (It's a really really precious commodity at home) 
I kid you not!

Alright bed time for me, to prepare for another round of journey to the airport. 

Night!