Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Korean Drama...

Over dinner tonight, mommy asked me if I've started watching "my love from the stars" 
Since I'm the one who gave her the suggestion.
Hahaha.

How phenomenal is this drama?
I swear that i'm not dramafying!
When I was in China, and walked past a street push cart vendor who was selling cheap accessories. I stopped and browsed, and the vendor auntie greeted me.

She said:
Hi! Just to let you know, the accessories that the lead actress is wearing for "My love from the star" can be found here *gestures*
Wha! this auntie is pro business woman!
She actually created a section in her cart just for a drama?!

For that introduction, I visually assessed her goods just because she's got a special section straight out from the drama.
Haha. But quality is meh. So I wasn't baited.

Second phenomenal....
Every friggin person (including guys minus my dad) that I spoke to in China.. (not much actually) is raving about which episode they are currently at, etc etc.
You should see the entire office catching up with the show during lunch time.
I'm officially ignored during lunch time.
Everyone's eyes and ears are plugged to their mobile devices.

Well it's really that crazy!

and Daphne here.
:(

No time to watch.
Still photoshopping her eyes out, taking her own sweet time...
and lagging behind photoshoot schedule.

Anyway, my point is, why why why are korean dramas so captivating?
They aren't even speaking in a language that I can understand!
Or eating the food that I eat everyday!

With regards to my drama fascination, I can't speak for anyone else but myself.

Korean dramas helps me escape into another world when I need a break from the harsh realities from life.

Or just to entertain me when I'm bored.

I like looking at how they dress and create styles for the characters.
From the hair, shoes, bags to their makeup.
Like, how a couple would subtly look very matching and yet retain their own identity and style.

Despite my mom's observation, she claims that they will always be dressed in the same shade of color.
Like this.


-_-" I know what she means. But no, they are not alway dressed in the same color in every episode. That would be too cliche.
I'm going along with but harmonious colors of the family shade, where they retain their own identities, but would not look like individual clashing heroes.

                                       

                                         

Style aside,
I enjoy the fact that I live, laugh, love, cry along with the female leads of the show. A part of me lives in her, and sometimes I would wonder if subconsciously what she's going through is similar to what I have to go through in life.

Be it to embrace the inner drama queens within, or addressing the romance quotient that we lack of at the moment..

Or even question if gentlemen still exist?
Which suddenly reminded me of my favourite movie Kate and Leopold.
ok cannot digress. That isn't a Korean drama..

I guess the best answer would be to live out the ideal that we cannot have time/opportunity/person to live out in at the moment.

Whatever it is, stories have always been enthralling to me as a girl.

In fact, I learn so much better through stories than through hard facts.
School programs should just set up a learning system through soap operas and dramas.
Confirm plenty of excellent passes after the show!

Hahaha.