Saturday, May 17, 2014

Glorious Saturday..

Saturday..
It's been a long time since I last clocked minimally 12 hours of sleep...
I must say that it feels good to just sleep.
and sleep 
and sleep!

Waking up at 6 in the evening feeling really contented, and a little guilty for wasting my saturday away; I decided on a short swim before dinner, because I was feeling pudgey from my melaka trip, and also the foot reflexology uncle said I needed to exercise a little more for the sake of my liver. 
Ok here we go.. Pudgey selfie before swim.


---
Kinda happy to have completed summer collection's photoshoot for iisa in just one night.
I pushed myself really hard to finish it all, and despite feeling faint after the shoot, and feeling crappily tired the next day..
it's all worth it knowing that i've cleared something major off my to-do list! 

Not forgetting the handful of hairstyles that I did up in just a night. This is just one of the crazier ones that I like!
Looking at this, I missed working on Bowtique, but since iisa is a waaaaaay bigger project that Bowtique, I really can't complain.


Ok done airing hairstyle, need to carry on photoshopping the outfits and send them out asap.
xoxo!






post edit:
Sometimes I wonder why I have to itchy backside and show my mom what makes me happy, only for her to tear apart my happiness in 2 seconds flat.

She kept nitpicking on the cropped top that I've chosen to pair up for the chiffon cover and cotton skirt.
Kept explaining to her that i'm not selling the top, and she kept insisting that the Chinese wont buy the cropped top. *Roar***

We fought over the cropped top designs that I had last year when Daddy invited her to join us at the Shenzhen Fair. Just because she heard some auntie at the fair mutter that cropped tops are too revealing and she told me that I have to design stuff that the people there will wear, and not just what I think is ok.

Seriously. I'm in the fashion industry.
A world where Models strut clothes naked without undergarment. Reveal cleavage, nipples and legs without batting an eyelid.
Here I am hearing my mom lecturing me about cropped tops.
She used to wear them. I wear them. My sister wears them, people run around in freaking sports bra.
*rolls eyes*

i'm Not working in a nun factory.
If I style my coordinates like what normal people would wear daily, then I'm not quite sure why magazines and fashion stylist would go over the top with their exotic works and portfolios, when it could just look like a John Little catalog at the end of the day.
Just because the auntie with a huge belly wouldn't wear it, does not mean that the entire world wouldn't.

I really really hate how the smallest comment given by an insignificant fly, would shake and move her world, and therefore she thinks her daughter commits a heinous crime because of what she hears.
Perhaps its from my mom that I learnt to shut out what the world thinks about me.

I'm almost certain that woman didnt give birth to me whenever we broach up subjects relating to how I'll like to live my life or my visions.
#confirm fight or cry.
Just because something looks frivolous, does not mean that effort and hard work wasn't invested in it.
In reality, it does take skill to look frivoulous okay.
:(


For example, I actually took 34687294- shots each outfit..
only to shortlist and create this.



In that case, I guess i'm my daddy's daughter then.
*but to be fair, even if she doesn't agree with me and how I envision my life path to be, she still lets me go through whatever I want, and puts me through design school and all despite hoping that I'll choose something more useful academically.
That's what love is all about. I'll try to like what you like, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

~forevermisunderstood