Sunday, August 17, 2014

aptitude

Just a random thought …


sometimes I'll meet new people, and just sometimes we'll talk about what we do, where we'll school at and tell each other more about ourselves.
In the conversations, we'll probably touch about how much I love clothes, fashion, fabrics and being a little arty with my random projects.

When I tell people that I went to fashion school once upon a time, 
I might get replies that goes
"oohh... that explains why you're always dressed so well"

I'm not very sure how I'd react to that comment.
It's a mindless reply aimed at niceties.
I'm sure, it probably was meant to be a compliment. But truly, I think it came off wrong.

Wrong?
Yep. You got it.
Since I'm down with the flu bug, my nose is crying and my eyes are stinging from being sick…and I'll assume that i'm going to be muddled with my sentences, therefore I shall try to be less wordy
Statement.
Being equipped with an education in fashion, does not  MEAN that you have a flair for dressing up to look good.

Question.
Assuming that my parents did not agree to me pursuing my interest in fashion, would that have made me a bad dresser with no flair?

Looking at my sister, I think she's pretty stylish without having to go into fashion school.
zzz

Aptitude
aptitude
ˈaptɪtjuːd/
noun
  1. a natural ability to do something.
    "children with an aptitude for painting and drawing"

Yeah you got it.
Aptitude.

The progression to pursue an interest and learn the technicalities based on aptitude and interest.
In fashion school I learnt to refine my sewing skills, widen my repertoire and improved what I already have a flair for.

Come on, you could go to fashion school, and still dress like shit. It's a non guaranteed!

Alternatively, you can also NOT go to fashion school, and still have an awesome flair for fashion!

My grandma cooks awesome and delicious food. Does that mean that she went for culinary lessons? 
I also went to business school. Does that guarantee that i'm going to be a multi million business owner?

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs dropped out of school, what makes them who they are today based on the same "ohhhh no wonder" theory?

The statement does not make sense at all.
That's why it annoys me.
I know i'm nitpicking for the fun of it.
I also think i'm just being cranky today because my nose hurts from too much tissue abrasion.

But yeah, talent does not equate to education.
It is also dependent on a lot of other stuff!

But first, let me credit it to the big guy up there who gifted me with these qualities/flairs/aptitude.
The parents who allowed me to enhance my talents and equipped me with guts and a superb esteem to dare to dress as I deem fit.
and finally the school that showed me a broader horizon.

Attending school, I can finally explain backed up with proper theories about why something looks odd, weird or ugly, when previously without training, it would just be as simple as my internal organs says no ~ That looks horrible because my internal system screams yucks! and revolted by doing some intestine flips.

Backed by qualifications, it give me a bonus when arguing about technicalities, should there be a dispute. But that's about it.
Lastly, the non complimenting compliments that I received, that sparked this weird, weird grumbly post.

hahaha.
Alright i'm done.
I hope to recover before the weekends, and shall spend quiet time to mend clothes that requires some attention.

xo
Miss drippy nose.