Monday, September 15, 2014

Blast from the past

Cleaned up the photo album cabinet and I discovered old pictures of everyone!
I emailed daddy some of his old black and white pictures during his teenage years just for the fun of it. 


His first question to me was 
Where did you find these from?! 
And the second email to me was... Who do I resemble? 
Handsome right? 

I replied him with a gaggy face, and told him he's picked up from the dustbin, since he doesn't resemble my grandparents. 
Haha. 
This dustbin trick never grows old on me. 

Oh, I picked out random pictures from the past, and these would be at my second birthday party! Always pleased in the presence of cakes.. 

My mom obviously chose my wardrobe during my toddler days, but I'm still in love with the cropped top flutter sleeve with high waist pants and a contrast sash set outfit.

Oh and no one touch my fluffy kitty please!

I spent the later half of my childhood dragging kitty on leash around the house, like a dog, and kitty turned grey at the bottom from too much abuse. 
The mommy threw kitty into the machine for a wash, and I no longer became friends with kitty, just because kitty no longer feels the same ;(
Tangled, rough and ugly - I couldn't even find her eyes amidst the fur tangling. 
Sorry kitty! 

Next would be Le Daphne at some chalet. Back then, my parents were always full of activities. 
Company events and outings with friends, weekly Karaoke and majong sessions at my place. 
Wow wee. 
Back to the picture, Those bear bear shades totally nailed the look. Mom matched my shades and shorts together?

Hahahha 
As for the pose? I apparently started young with fatty belly and all!


Next, 
This was taken at home with the sister and our beloved piano. 
Sometimes random stranger would ask if we are twins. 
We understand that our mother fancies dressing us alike, but one really short twin and one really tall twin?! 

Well.... When Da and I talk about it in recent years, she'll reason out that those strangers must have been really naive with low comparative skills. 
One really short twin? 
Doesn't make sense at all. 
Tsk.

Accessories accessories accessories.
The outfit of the day #ootd would be furry headband + sunnies + layered frilled dress. 
Le sister and I are obviously delighted with our matching dress and accessories!

This picture in the backdrop still exist at home to date. Omg!
Vintage frames.
The mom tells me that she very much misses the house when it has less furnitures.
We have so much stuff lying around everywhere, that she gave up prettifying the house a long time ago!


At one of our monthly outings to the beach, If my memory wasn't failing, we were heading out for an island tour/ ferry trip to Sister's island.
This is my mom still working her stylist aptitude on her kids. 


I pointed to her that she obviously dissected the set of outfit and exchanged them, and she laughed. 

Good job mommy!


This is my mommy and I "bickering". 
We start our love-hate bicker really young. 


Judging by both the parent's expression… 
I figured it must have been something that I suggested or said that triggered their reactions.
Dad's like huh? What's going on you both?
While the mommy would give me her usual "you sure you're allowed to do it…" sort of standard answers..
While my sister usually just ignores and stares far away doing her own stuff~ 
This picture depicts family life as it is.

Oh and the brother isn't in existence yet. But in reality, he adopted Da's far away stance whenever Mommy, Da and I start on one of our epic girlie topics over dinner. 
Totally predictive. Who's to know that our personalities would have been captured at such tender age?


Lastly, a random picture of us at home, celebrating daddy's birthday. 
Their friends and colleagues all hidden behind the photographer. 
My folks used to throw parties at home every week, so perhaps that's why my mom dressed us up so much when we were kiddos. 

My dad, mom and uncle. 
So young! And so skinny!

My brother looked at the old pictures, and jokes that the picture is daddy and uncle at normal size, and what we see of them now in person, is similar to how wide screen TV works. 
Stretched. 

Blast from the past, evokes so much Nostalgic feeling, and seriously, home is truly where the heart is.

The dust from going through the photo albums is epic. 
They get into the eyes and nose, and made me itchy all over. 
It's good that I had mimi training, prior to picture spring cleaning. 

Mimi's been adopted by a Dutch family, and is currently on trial at their place. 
I hope everything works out for Mimi there! 
Posh place 
Bigger place for her to run and explore. 
Better food 
Access to the balcony ( mimi has a keen interest to birds.) 
I found out about it when I let her out for a stroll, and (her reaction) when she saw snowy the speckled pigeon who lives by my room's air condition unit.
She practically dashed to my window in a flash, just to bird watch/ bird hunt.


I'm super glad that mimi's in good hands, and I am thankful for everything that has fallen into place so far. 
Thank you universe and the big guy up there for taking care of Mimi.