Tuesday, August 02, 2016

On blogging; a million years later



I have not been writing much here lately.

In my head, there is an entire list of stuff that I would like to write about..
off hand, I had a list to check off one by one...
Taiwan trip in March
Phuket trip in May
Taiwan trip in July
All that skincare/makeup/facemask that I stock up like mad all the time..
Activities with friends, new places discovered.
Pictures all stored up in my laptop and mobile phone... they are potentially stories untold.

I used to fancy writing about my life quite a bit, and yet the inertia sets in..
and I hope this is not a growing up phase that I'm progressing into... if it is, I'll really get a little sadder.

Perhaps it is precisely because I'm (trying to be) a little more grown up now, I'll chide myself into using the extra time to clear off one more box off my to-do checklist.. instead of writing, like the frivolous Daphne would used to do with her time.

Right. Lets set this straight, it's not like I'm super efficient with utilising my time now or something.
I'd say that its a lot closer to the feeling of guilt.

Guilty that I spent too much time writing about myself, my life, my whims, my fancies, like a self-centred girl (*ahem* Mind you, I still am very self-centred), instead of doing something more productive that would help with the business, or spend with the dog, or cleaning out my room...and many more..

I placed myself on a writing ban - just because productivity, Daphne.
Productivity.

Just the other night, I spent 3 hours writing an email on behalf of Trixie, just to enter the dog into a charity photo shoot contest for adopted/fostered dogs that a friend tagged me to.
When I was done with the email, I was horrified to discover how much time was spent, just writing THAT email on behalf of my pet dog.
Yet deep down, I felt a kind of Happy that I have forgotten.
The forgotten feeling on how it has felt, after a long while, and probably something that I would allow myself to do so...once in awhile.

It's roughly categorised into the kind of happy that I could immerse myself into doing, that has no intrinsic value of sorts to my life in general.

Considering the fact that, I am not paid to write nor blog about anything.
Along with my questionable grammar and language faux pas that the BF critiques on...
Nah.

I did it because I enjoyed it.
I did it because I wanted to.

The same goes to those art projects that I used to enjoy...
creating random bag, skirts, tops, accessories and all.

spending 3 hours hand hemming my dress because I found it therapeutic, instead of taking it out on the sewing machine...

Changing my nail colour and design every other week...

Fixed up a hair vine for my cousin in law's wedding photoshoot because I wanted one after watching an inspiring hair tutorial and ended up with sore fingers...
This was the mock up of my sparse hair vine just to see how it turned out.
I shall fix up the finished product and photograph it another day!





Those fleeting moments of exhilarations that truly made me happy, are activities that I (sort of ) imposed a restriction on,  just because I believed that I should use it on something else that has more worth to it.

As much as I sounded like I've become an activity Hitler on my daily life, I've also taken on simpler and less time consuming projects such as sketching, colouring, improved my photoshop skill level.
Sure, my PS skills have definitely upped many levels since I started blogging in 2007 where I relied heavily on fancy brushes to create cool picture effects to be used as my Display Picture and stuff.

I can somewhat make people a little skinner, change their posture, fix their make up (kind of), clean up the skin.. I can even "remove" braces off someone's teeth..but no one's gonna know, because I've stopped posting pictures here now, and really those are for work more than for personal consumption.

I'm still fabulous you know? Who needs photoshop?
*flicks hair*

Lol.
Turns out, I do still rely on using photoshop for all my cool couple pictures with the Bae!
We shot these separately and he picks his favourite shots, while I pick mine, and viola...
Happy lee is happy!



oh and there's all that sketches, in case anyone actually thinks that I've turn into a stale and boring Daphne..
I'm Still very much alive on instagram!
It's taken over into my "short" blog of sorts pictorially.

Here we go! Snippets of my random fashion and sketching projects for the heck of it!





Ending it off here with a picture of Trixie and I doing the #ootd.
It's also my subtle way of saying: Yo Bitches, I'm back!
Lol