Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Hello, im a road hazard!

Went driving today. 
The first lesson I had in months. 
My instructor exclaimed aloud, 
"Last time i saw you, was in september! Where had you disappeared to?" 
Haha that's exactly how long I've abandoned driving. Funnily, my instructor Charles brought me out to the streets to start, despite my rusty-ness! 
Road hazard coming up!



It was a bad start. 
The school changed my car model, from a Honda EXI to a Honda City. 
The City is longer and wider...weird dimensions...and the feel of the car is totally different. 


It's got a nicer interior tho, and the engine is way quieter.
Fancy Schmoozy everything is nice, new and smooth...... but the Clutch feels different.
Therefore new biting point and lots of Stalling.



Being only the second time that im allowed out on the road, today's lesson is totally jinxed! I recalled my first time out on the road, wasn't such a "stalling" experience. 
Yes, I stalled once, when I reached the entrance of BBDC! 


I stalled like a million times today! 
So stressful, and embarrassing! 
Imagine stalling on the road, time and time again! 
Stalled at the traffic light, just when the lights turn green. 
By the time I got my act together, the lights turned red!


OMG!
**psst: The lights over at this particular place at bukit batok changes really fast! 
Not lying to save myself.
It's the absolute truth!



Luckily I wasn't the only "L" plate around there's like one in front of me, and one behind.
I managed to stall the car plenty of times, and the vehicle in front of me did too ok! 



Charles say that I gotta practise alot on braking...coz I love to braking really hard.
Hello Motion sickness!


Hope Charles bought himself some good insurance plan. 
Stressful job he's got there, dealing with violent brakers like me.
Haha!



I also got confused with the signals... coz japanese cars is on the right side, while continental is on the left of something like that. But, im getting better at it already. *smiles*
Had no problem changing up gear, but sure got a hell of a problem changing down gear.
I hate driving - too much rules to adhere to.
But the freedom is fun too.


I do not like looking at mirrors to admire the road. 
I only like it when I'm staring at my own reflection.


Seems like i'll have a long waaayyy to go, before im qualified enough to take my exams, and my PDL is expiring in March! 
Oops.


On other news, I caught the movie - London Voodoo after driving lessons.
Such a disturbing show. 
Lots of blood, gore, psychopath story lines, and voodoo stuff. 
I don't fancy bloody, violent movies! 


*turns pale*

Came home and pampered my poor face. 
Applied Estee Lauder deep cleansing mask > Clinique pore reducer lotion> moisturiser. 


Skin recovered more or less already, but not miraculously fast la. 
Been attempting to take good care of skin. 
Like, sleep more, drink more water, use better products.
Call me vain, but aesthetics is important to me.


I'm an art student.
It's all about visual!

I'm a firm believer of first impression, even though we're always taught not be be too superficial - It speaks alot of a person, and the attitute they have in life. 


Afterall, personal branding is extremely important for business, and school and everything la. In fact, Visual sells alot better than any other form of communication. I don't know if it's proven, but visual does sell better in my opinion.



Say, do you know that advertisers only have 3 seconds to get the attention of a consumer?
So if it catches your eye, u'll see it. If it's dull and boring... u'll just blend in. 
La la..


Sometimes, i think it's good to be eye catching. Yet at times, it's better to just blend in with the crowd, and keep a low profile. 
Can't decide which is better, but i'll still prefer to be known as the girl with immaculate style. Nothing loud, but just a little touch of difference. The guys wouldn't appreciate it i guess..
But neh-ver-mind! =)