Thursday, April 28, 2005

Nonsensical Ramblings

It's the day after my first paper, and im not quite in the mood to talk about it. In fact, the topic about exams shall stop here.. It's an overkill! Hahaha

Disappointments has been a constant in my life since the start of this year. Seems to me that this year has been full of passing away of loved ones, not only from my family, but from friends family as well. Every interest that i passionately pursue after, didn't quite turn out right. It might be a down on luck thingie, or it's just the overlook of the year that's affecting everyone else too.

My latest woe would be this competion that i've attempted to enter for. It's a MAC and Martina Pink! accessory making competion, organised by Tangs. Theme being butterfly - it's like my favourite icon of the century! And somehow, the urge to enter for it is simply irresistable. Despite knowing that the deadline for submission would somehow clash with my examination revision. Nevertheless, i told myself that i'll still do it, even if i didn't make it in time for the submission date, just for the sake of doing it.

Surprisingly, i was able to churn out my piece of accessory relatively early. I was left with the Storyboard and sketches to do. In case you're wondering, the accessory was intended to be a head sash, with a butterfly looking like it's perching on your head just slightly above the ears. Somehow, my butterfly was alittle too big, so it looked alittle too overwhelming for my liking.

I decided to turn it into a sash for the waist. Yeah it looks fine and cute and pretty. It was the damn story board that screwed up! I sacrificed my sleep to fix the story board, sleeping only after the completion of the photoshopped piece of work. ( it's up in friendster, check it out, if you're bored) I think it's pretty, and satisfactory for a 2 hour job. =)

When i woke up in the late afternoon of the submission day, the attempt to print my "masterpiece" was the "suay" part!
Of all days, the printer had to print something really shitty bluish picture, which signifies that the magenta's out of ink. But you know when in truth, there's still enough ink to print 26 pieces of colored picture. After some tinkering, which took ages, the decision to change an ink cartridge came upon me, and i realised that the house had to be out of spare cartridges right at the moment when i needed it soooooo much!

Yeah, pissed i was, i've decided to give it up totally at 7 in the evening, got dressed and left the house for dinner. It wasn't possible to get out of the house and buy a cartridge and rush home, and most printing shops aren't open at the time of the day, so I GAVE IT UP!
Coz printing wasn't the only thing left for me to do, i'll have to rush over to popular or some bookstore, to get the mounting board, i still had sketches to do, and presentation of my stuff?
Yeah. I couldn't possibly finish it all within 30 mins.

Yep told you im disappointed. Now the damn butterfly's just a white elephant hanging around at home. SO.... the least i could do, to make myself feel better, is to bitch about it to everyone!!
Yup. I'll decide what to do with my little masterpiece after the exams, and i sooooo sooo wanna chill out!

I went for lunch at this Japanese restaurant at Bukit Timah after my papers today. The food's pretty ok, but it's probably the lack of sleep, that caused me to have a little tweety's appetite. I couldn't finish my suki yaki soup, couldn't finish the unagi, and i didn't finish up my bowl of rice, and the miso soup. Wonder what i ate in there man!

I fell into a deep deep sleep over at beanie's house, the minute i hit the bed! Nah, im lying about it... i was still struggling to keep my eyes open, as Animal planet was featuring tigers! Tigers are soooo sooo cute! Especially the white tigers in the zoo! You guys should go check it out.

Yah, after the tigers, i fell asleep until 10 at night. Woke up and ate dinner, stoned alittle, and started studying, while my sweetie gave me moral support, by playing some Xbox game that he's just downloaded. The poor thing is still sick, sniffly and all. So when he blows his nose, it kinda reminds me of an elephant! hahah!
I didn't manage to study much today, coz im still feeling lethargic from all that lost of sleep.
Yeah i guess i've gotta go sleep soon, i'll need to be really awake, to study for stats.

Aint' it fast? Friday's approaching! I'm in a dilema! I can't wait for my last paper to be over, but the studious side of me wishes that my paper could be postponed til monday, so that i'll be able to have more time to prepare myself for statistics! But time waits for no man! so i gotta speed up and rush chug chug like a train! Erm... mayb a plane.

Oh watever!