Sunday, June 19, 2005

Daddy

Driving yesterday was boring, gruelling! I was mastering my directional change, and parking. The parking part was strenuous!! Yeah, but it's good anyway. Just tired, with the early waking up part. I kinda figured out on my way to BBDC, that if i were to be alittle more disciplined, and quit cabbing there 7 times, i'll be able to weasel another lesson out. Haha..Lame, but it makes sense. Yet, i lack the discipline to get up early, or leave home early.

Im having such a huge headache now. Boo! I can't seem to differentiate the difference with migrane, and headache. But i seem to be suffering from 2 kinds of pain recently. One, is the throbbing kind, where you constantly feel that someone's banging your head, and while the other one is more tolerable. i'm still affected by it. It's the kind where it'll hurt when you move your head. It's as though as your brain's gone all lumpy and soft, and it moves around the head. And when it contacts my skull or whatever, it;ll hurt.

I Wonder why?

Flyer's almost done, and im just deciding on when to print. Good news is that, mommy and daddy's decided to postpone our holiday by one more day, meaning that we'll be leaving town on a wednesday, instead of the stipulated tuesday evening. Might be able to get the printer to print it out on time for me after i get the approval of everyone on monday. I hope. *crosses fingers tightly*

I'm supposed to be up early, to meet Zoe, to get the stickers tomorrow. I do hope that i'll be able to wake up in time. After sticker shopping, i'll be down to Sengkang, to visit ye ye. I haven't visited him for quite a while, and i guess it's time. Besides, now that daddy's home, i've got not much of choice either. Then after visiting, we'll go have Father's day dinner + hello daddy dinner.

Daddy just came back on thursday night, hand carrying those precious little orientation tee shirts for the freshies. I was alittle disappointed, upon setting my eyes on them, as they didn't look quite as nice as the Spy academy ones. Boo.

But im grateful that daddy delayed his trip home, just for my tee shirts, to help me save cost, and to ensure that the tees come over in time for the orientation. Daddy's the best. Feel bad to trouble him, but he's been quite set on making me get some deals on my own, even if we're not making $. I wonder why?

I guess there's some reason for us to communicate with each other, while he's in China, so that we wouldn't lose touch? I'm glad that he's left his previous job. He seems more relaxed than the past 2 years. We talk more, and communicate better, though i get more task to do from him, and get woken up to reply his emails during my sleeping hours, im happy with the way our relationship goes.

It's alot better than my juvenile years. He dotes me when i was younger, but things turned ugly in the later part of secondary school life. He was the daddy that told me i'm better off wearing contact lenses, instead of specs, the peace maker between mommy and i when we quarrel and scream at each other.
The daddy who also assured me that i'll look pretty when i grow up, despite my very ugly, thick and manly pair of eyebrows that were sitting on my face. He said to me that when i grow up, i'll be able to shape them nicely, and it wouldn't be that bad anymore. (Beanie had a shock when he saw my secondary school photos. Til now, he wouldn't stop teasing me about my very bushy pair of eyebrows. ) >visualise 2 big fat black catapillars on top of my small beady eyes)

Then daddy became this mean monster, when i entered secondary 3. We were constantly screaming at each other. Makes you wonder...was i the monster, or was he the monster?

Yeah..so all that monstrosity between us caused a huge rift in our relationship and all, being bad enough for me to ignore his presense for 6 months? The cold and aloofness went on over the years.

Yep im glad we stopped being monsters, and made peace. I guess im mostly to be blamed for that rift, but i guess i was just going through a phase. Im sure everyone would, just that im alittle more hot tempered by nature? i Really wouldnt know.

But i guess it's be fun, if i'll be able to pay my past a visit. Who knows, if im famous enough in future, i might decide on making a movie on my life story? hahha. Relieving childhood days seem so fun. A trip down memory lane would definitely be worth it.