Friday, November 03, 2006

bitching day

Know what's my problem?
I either stop blogging for days, or i keep blogging like crazy. Entry after entry in the same day. Ha!

Just came home from a focus group. This is the first time that i've ever attended one, and i'd say that it's rather interesting to take part in it, after all, what kind of marketing student would i be, to not experience or at least know what a focus group is all about?!

I started out being really uneasy and shy... (ok not literally shy. but i held back my comments alittle, because i wanted to observe people.. )
there were like 7 of us in total, including the moderator. And they served us Sushi for dinner! Hoo! 2 boxes of Sakae Sushi!!
Though i'd say that it was abit of a hassle trying to stuff sushi in your mouth, and to make conversation at the same time.

Discussed skincare with ladies of my age group, and i'd say that our personalities are just so different. Some are quieter, while there's this ONE particular girl that's quite a chatter. She kind of dominates the entire discussion, giving the quieter ones little chance to take part, which from the Marketing Research point of view is a TABOO!

It's a group discussion girlie, not a personal face to face interview - the people do not really want to HEAR everything that YOU have to say. They wanted an even distribution of inputs and outputs.

It's amazing how she can really stuff her mouth and be able to speak that much at the same time. Wow! Amazing talent that i wouldnt ever want to possess.
I'd say that being opinionated is something, but in reality, after much thoughts on my way home, i'll say that she's an obnoxious pushover...someon who never quite bother to stop and "reflect". Her comments, her mannerism...and the vibe i got from her, i felt disgusted.

It got me wondering... if aquaintance and people who dont know me better... would they think that i'm an overwhelming pushover too? Someone who talks too much, dominates conversation and never gives a chance to the quieter ones to share their views and thoughts? I hope not.

When the session ended, i noticed that her phone's Gmask design was one of those in my top choices...and so being nice and trying to make conversation, i said to her... "ooh i nearly got that design for my phone.., it's pretty" and flashed my megawatt pearlies.

Her reply after she got a glimpse of my phone... "oh i chose that design for my phone coz i didnt like my phone to be too purple."

Bitch!
Didnt your mom ever taught you what's social suicide?
She just had to end the day making me hate her! No one gets away insulting my property!

FYI: she's a metal spec nerd girl with long pony tail, wearing frumpy tee shirt and jeans . High protruding forehead like a luo han fish.
If she walks past me in the streets, i doubt i'll recognise her, coz she's as interesting as a concrete road....

No face, no style, no figure and so obnoxiously noisy!
If you're nice, at least there's a redeeming factor, but seriously... i doubt so.